Chapter 4

Evening soon came around, from what little light there was outside, it was hard to tell. There was lots of noise with everyone talking, but still Aerilyn kept to herself, she watched Eli make his way around the room, trying to figure out how they could escape or what he could do.

There were a few sky lights Aerilyn was enjoying looking up at, she could make out the sky when it was there and now she was looking for the stars. She was in my own little world, just for a moment.

That was until she honed her hearing, she could hear a woman's voice and another man, they sounded a bit different to the rest, almost more refined. Not so common. They had a twang to their voice, but only so slightly.

Aerilyn grew curious and looked up, scanning the room for these intriguing voices.

Across the room there were a few men huddled together talking and playing cards. There were more guards than usual and prisoners scattered about, there was nothing noticeable on a first glance.

Aerilyn made her way across the room again because she could not locate the voices. Scanning her eyes back towards the door, only the man she had heard was talking now.

Aerilyn eyes stopped.

She noticed a blonde haired woman.

But she was already looking at Aerilyn from across the other side of the room with a stoic expression. Her face looked poised and focused. Their eyes met and Aerilyn didn't know whether to feel fear or pleasure. The way the light hit her eyes made them shine brighter.

Her intense gaze made Aerilyn want to cower and look away, but she couldn't.

She had blonde mid length hair, a muscly frame which you wouldn't know straight away as it was under her clothing, but Aerilyn could tell.

Her clothing was a thin layer of armour, black and gold, with a cloak. It looked expensive and fancy.

She looked like someone who held power.

The blonde looked down at the ground as if in deep thought, breaking their eye contact, what could be on her mind? Aerilyn didn't understand why she was looking at her of all people.

The blonde lifted her gaze back to the people she was with and replied to them.

In that moment Aerilyn looked away, growing angrier by the second that they were trapped here but curious about the blonde across the room and being mad at herself for being curious about a vampire, which she so clearly was.

After that encounter, Aerilyn didn't take much notice as they passed around the room, she kept her eyes down as that was the safest way to encounter a room with vampires.

One wrong look and she could be toast.

Aerilyn kept herself busy, talking to herself inside her head, thinking of ways to pass the time in this room like prison.

After about an hour, she looked up to see what was happening, breaking out of her trance.

She was still sat on the ground with her back against the wall.

Aerilyn found the blonde cautiously approaching her with Nilsa.

They both crouched down to Aerilyn's level, so they could take a closer look at her.

The blonde on closer inspection was far more beautiful than Aerilyn had expected, her skin looked smooth, her hair like silk and her eyes a shade she had never encountered before.

She looked like she was holding her breath, it was hard to tell, as though she was in pain, this brought Aerilyn back to the conversation between Nilsa and the guard about her blood, was she affected by it too?