Chapter 18: Ender's Case #1

"So what else did you find on him?" Mathew asked Charlie.

He asked him to see if he can find out more about Ender. It's quite aggravating it was so easy with the others.
Who their parents were.
Where they came from.
Even why they went to the route they did.

But Ender, it's like he wasn't even born.Like he just appeared out of thin air!

No matter what tests they ran nothing pops up, they could put up posters but...
That could cause more harm than good. It's like no one was looking for him. Or they would've file their own report.

But how did Ender know his name? Someone must have told it to him. They should just ask him, but that could also cause more damage then anything.

"No still nothing, I've even asked higher ups but there's no report or anything. Ender just doesn't exist."

"But he obviously does, I mean come
on! There's no ID or birth certificate on him?
It's gotta be painful to give birth outside of hospitals. Even if the mother gave him up there's gotta be a paper trail on her at least." Mathew stressed out.

"I agree with you. They're should be. But I'm just not finding it. I think it's time to just ask him. I know you didn't want to resort to this but... You might just have to if your that curious." Charlie said, sighing.

"Why are your trying to find them? I mean..." Charlie stopped not sure what else to say.

"One day Ender might want to know, the others. Some were thrown out of their homes. Others left because of the horrid things that they had to encounter.
Some just because they thought it was the right thing to do. They've all went through one thing, same as Ender. They were lost and did things just to survive. But it's more then that with Ender. He truly had no one in the beginning and one day he might want to know why that is. I'm just hoping that I can find that for him." Mathew said.
Looking down at the report that lays on the table. A question mark on the page of parents lay before him.

"I think it's time to ask him, I know that it might be painful. But it's the only shot you have now." Charlie said.

" 'sighs' No I know, I just...I'll go do it now, but keep looking will ya. Just in case "

"Of course what are friends for."

Mathew stands up and goes to the living room. Where he sees Ender laughing and messing around with the boys. Climbing over furniture which is not a good thing. But with what he has to ask, he'll let it slip by.

"Ender, can I talk with ya?" Mathew asked.
By the look of his face the others knew what he has to talk to him about. And it isn't the lightest of subjects, but they also knew he's gonna have to ask him. They've all been there; they may not have liked it some more then others but... It's nice knowing why he did it, for their safety.

They went to his office. Both of them sitting on the couch that's in there.

"Ender, I have to ask you some things. I know that it may be a touchy subject if it's to much, tell me okay?" Mathew started.

Ender nodded his head, wondering why he seems so nervous.

"Do you know anything about your parents? Your mom or dad?" Mathew asked.

Ender thought this over.
Mom? Dad?
He looked at the ground in thought.

'Oh that girl she was always with him, but not for long she just left one day!'

"Girl, she was with Ender but she left Ender one day." Ender said nodding his head.

"Oh! Did you happen to catch what her name was? Or was there ever a man there with her?"

"No boy, girl name-Esme, she said once, left Ender when he this high." Ender said waving his hand a little below his height maybe at age three or maybe even five.

"Esme that's a lovely name how about a last name?"

"Dragon!" Ender said.

"Yes I know what your are silly." Mathew said with a fond smile.

"No! Dragon last name!" Ender said.

"Her name is Esme Dragon?" Mathew asked.

"Mmm!" Ender hummed happily.

"Okay thank you Ender baby, this will help me a lot okay. Thank you so much." Mathew said.

As he went to Ender and hugged him tightly. He always hates doing this but he's just gland that he took it so well.

He's probably not aware of what happened to him. But whatever did happen he will figure it out one day. An when that day comes, he'll tell him if he asks him.

Mathew smiled and nodded his head.

"Okay, go and hang with the others. I gotta do something then I'll join you guys in a bit." Mathew said and went to his office.

But not before watching Ender making sure that he gets to the others okay. Once he was sure he went to his desk and called Charlie. Seeing what he had on a girl named Esme Dragon.

Hopefully there's something.