14 | ER

Audrey Garcia

As I walk into the house, I feel this sudden wave of guilt come over me. I shouldn't have kissed Carlos. It hasn't even been an hour since my father got shot and is on the verge of death and I'm already out here kissing Carlos. I hate him.

I also hate myself.

If I wasn't busy making a fucking joke with Carlos about a fucking chair I would have seen Victor and shot him, and my father wouldn't have gotten shot. It's all my fucking fault. My father is in the hospital with a fucking bullet wound in his stomach because of me. I just possibly caused the death of a family member.

Like Vanessa.

I suddenly find myself breaking down into tears.

"Amore, what's wrong?" I hear Carlos from behind me. I turn around and finish him walking at a fast pace over to me. He grabs me by my waist, spins me around, and pulls me close to him. He talks ahold of my chin and looks me in the eyes. "Please don't cry. Seeing you cry and in pain puts me through pain even a blade deep into the skin can't cause." He caresses my cheek, "I don't want you to worry about your father. He is gonna be okay, he is a strong man."

He hugs me tight and I'm about to hug him back. But I don't. I pull away from his hug amd without a word I walk away and go to the kitchen.

Nolan passes by. He tells me Viola is in her room with Fleurie if I need them and he made her hot chocolate to cheer her up because she told him a few days ago about how she loves hot chocolate. He also tells me if I need Giovanni, Elena or Rose they will be here later since they stayed back and are helping their men put out the fire so they can search the premises and try to find Victor is possible.

I nod with no expression on my face. I grab a cookie from a jar I found and eat it. I can taste my salty tears as they drop from my cheeks onto the cookie. I'm nibbling on my cookie like a little child who has gotten only a few teeth. I continue to eat my cookie and look out the window then feel two soft hands slide down my side and wrap around my waist.

Carlos rests his chin on my shoulder, "Can I taste your cookie." He whispers. I look at him from the corner of my eye. I mumble no and he frowns. "Why not?" He asks. "There is a whole hard of them, get your own." I point at the jar of cookies placed on the counter in front of us.

He smirks and snatches my cookie. He takes a bite then gives it back and I glare at him like a toddler trying to look intimidating. "You look so cute when you act like a child." He smiles and pokes my nose. "Stick it up your ass." I mutter and go back to eating the cookie.

My phone starts to ring but I don't pick it up. "Are you not gonna answer the call?" Carlos asks and I shake my head, "What if it's important? What if its the hospital and they are calling to tell you that your dad is fine?"

"And what if they are calling to tell me he is dead?" I snap.

I feel myself starting to tear up as well both stand face to face with loud silence surrounding us. "Don't think like th-"

"If he is dead, it would be my fault." I interrupt Carlos.

I bite my bottom lip to hold back the tears. "Audrey, no." He whispers, "It wouldn't be your fault. Don't take the blame and guilt for Victor." I don't reply. I simply look away and continue to nibble on my cookie as I silently cry so Carlos won't hear me. I turn around and find Carlos picking up my phone and answering the call.

"Hello?" Carlos speaks through the phone as he walks back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. "No, you're talking to Carlos Del Rosso, an acquaintance to Miss Garcia. She can't pick up the phone right now." He glances at me from over his shoulder, "And who am I speaking to?"