28

"This... Is where you first made friends with Gyuki, yo?" Bee nodded, giving her a brief and quick explanation of what she had to do. 

Without giving her much of a choice, he pushed her onto the water and she soon found herself staring at her copy.

"Why are they allowed to get mad at you for the death of some old man, huh?" Maki flinched and swallowed the lump in her throat and walked towards her red and black eyed copy.

It made her scared. She didn't know this was her true self... She just hoped this could change right here and right now.

"Because it was my fault," She responded. "I was right there, but I couldn't even take a foot closer than Orochimaru."

"That wasn't my fault!" They seethed. "If anything it was theirs! They were all right there too, they were just too weak!"

"Not everyone is strong," Maki frowned. Was this...How she really thought? "It's the strongs job to protect those who are weak. No one forced me to. As a shinobi, I was told to be ready for this type of criticism."

"There wouldn't be any criticism if there were no citizens or people, now would there?"

"..."

"..."

"I don't want this."

"Sure you do--"

"No I don't." Maki seemed a little angry with her double, as if the mere thought of killing someone was dispecible to her, and honestly, it was. Death never did anything. All it did was cause even more pain and hatred for others.

"I know I don't. This is just the feelings I've been conflicted with since the invasion. I know what I want. I always have, and you will not change my mind." Her double seemed shocked at her words, but the shock on her face soon morphed into rage and anger.

"What do you think your kindness is doing, huh?! You think the world will all of a sudden brighten up because of your smile? Face it! No one cares about your kindness or you! You couldn't save anyone before, not now, or ever! Your smile is just a way for you to feign kindness and is just your own self-pity!" Makis double was now panting from her yelling, yet Maki was still unfazed.

"We should just ditch them all! If we were to leave, then their true colours will show and they'll just throw us away!" 

"C'mon," Maki chuckled and shook her head, though the fact that she really did think this, hearing it from herself made her wonder if she sounded this stupid.

"You of all people should know that's not true. Naruto basically went after Sasuke for half of his life, and Kakashi and Sakura were the same...No matter how much I may think not. And I know for a fact Tenzo would do the same. At most, the worst thing that would happen to me, was I would get a harsh punch or slap from lady Tsunade."