The Fight of Our Lives

I teleport to Tony's lab downstairs, and I get there as Rocket says, "All right, the glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?" "I'll do it," says Thor stepping forward. "Excuse me?" says Tony. "It's okay," says Thor, and he steps towards the glove. "Stop, stop. Slow down," says Tony. "Thor. Just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet," says Steve. "I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" says Thor. "We should at least discuss it," says Scott. "Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty," says Thor. "Normally, you're right. It's not about that. It's not that," says Tony, and Thor shushes him. "Hey, buddy," says Tony. "Stop it! Just let me. Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right," says Thor, which breaks yet another piece of my heart. I don't know how much more sad things I can take in my life. "Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you. You're in no condition," says Tony. "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" asks Thor. "Cheez Whiz?" says Rhodey. Thor points at Rhodey and shoots him a dirty look, and I look at Rhodey and shake my head and roll my eyes. "Lightning," says Thor. "Guys, Thor is a god no matter what condition he's in. So if anyone has a great survivability shot at this, it's Thor. But if anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to whatever will bring Wanda and everyone back." I say. Everyone does a head tilt that says, "Well, she's got a point." "Lighting won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me. You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive." says Bruce walking over to the gauntlet. Thor looks upset, but I know that deep down, Thor knows Bruce is right. "How do we know you will?" asks Steve. "We don't. But the radiation is mostly gamma. It's like... I was made for this." says Bruce, and he picks up the gauntlet.

"Good to go, yeah?" asks Tony. "Let's do it," says Bruce. "Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago you're just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years," says Tony. "Got it," says Bruce. We all get ready for Bruce to snap by activating any shields or drawing our weapons in case. I am standing next to Steve, and I'm using my force field powers as a shield. Tony has Friday activate Barn Door Protocol, where the compound goes on lockdown until Tony disables it. "Everybody comes home," says Bruce, and he puts the gauntlet on. The gauntlet is on Bruce's arm, and the power of the Infinity Stones starts to sink into his veins. The pain makes him drop to a kneeling position, and we see rainbow electricity-looking lines go all the way up his right arm, which is the gauntlet arm. It burns off the sleeve of his shirt. "Take it off! Take it off!" says Thor. "No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" asks Steve. "Talk to me, Banner," says Tony in his Iron Man suit. "I'm okay. I'm okay," says Bruce. Then Bruce gets the strength to snap, and he falls to the floor, and the doors open, and I walk out of the room for a minute with Scott. I look outside for a moment, then I go back to Steve, and the compound blows up, and I am knocked unconscious for the ten millionth time in my life.

I feel someone shaking me and saying, "Hadley! Hadley! Come on. Please wake up!" I open my eyes and see Steve bending over me. I sit up, and I ask, "How long was I out for?" "Ten minutes tops. Now, come on, there's something you need to see," says Steve. He leads me to a ledge, and he points out Thanos. I facepalm myself, and I say, "Looks like time likes to mess with us if we mess with it." Steve nods and says, "Hadley, I can't lose you, so stay here, and Tony, Thor, and I will fight him." I don't have the energy to fight Steve on this, considering Thanos's giant ship is there, probably loaded with his army. I watch as Thor summons Mjolnir and Stormbreaker, then he and Steve and Tony walk over to Thanos. I can't hear what they're saying but knowing Thanos. It can't be good. After a few minutes, Thor summons lightning and hits a special part of Tony's suit, giving Tony's suit extra power. Thanos is pressing Stormbreaker in Thor, and Steve lifts Mjolnir and throws it at Thanos. "There are four Mjolnir lifters now?!" I say out loud. Four meaning me, Thor, Steve, and Vision. Thanos and Steve fight and Thanos breaks Steve's shield in half. I see Thanos's army come down from his ship, and I walk over to my dad and stand next to him.