24 || Surprise!

Midoriya fiddled with his bulletproof vest and voice changing mask. Mei opened up the audio communicator on the computer, pulling up her microphone. 

     "Testing, testing, one, two, four." She said into the mic. Midoriya listened as Mystery's voice filtered into his ears, at the same time as Mei's. Midoriya smiled and nodded, giving her a thumbs up.

     Mei walked foreword and helped him settle into his gear, and he couldn't reach the back of the vest. Once it was secured, Midoriya pulled the black hood up and adjusted.

     "Alright, ready?" Mei asked, sitting down in front of the microphone. Midoriya nodded, "Yeah, I think so." He said, about to leave out the door.

     "Oh- wait!" Mei called, halting Izuku in his tracks. He turned around, only to see something lying at his face.

     He caught it- just barely- and looked down at it.

     "A caprisun? Really?" He asked, laughing and shoving it in his hoodie pocket anyways. Mei clapped her hands, "Just in case Endeavor tries to burn another kid!"

     Midoriya chuckled, leaving out the door with a wave.

     About ten minutes earlier, and a few houses away, Shinsou and Togeike were walking and making casual, normal conversation.

     "So you wouldn't take the thousand?" Togeike questioned him suspiciously, waving the paper with the address on it around absent-mindedly.

     Shinsou rolled his eyes, "No, not if I had to do that."

     "What? But it's only one night!"

     "I'm not sleeping upside down above poisonous snakes- especially not for an entire night- would you?" Shinsou asked incredulously.

     Togeike nodded, "Oh, for sure."

     Before Shinsou could ask her about her sanity levels, Togeike's phone beeped in her pocket, and a robotic voice came through it's speakers.

     "You have arrived at your destination."

     "Thank you, you creepy robotic godsend." Togeike thanked her phone and turned off her GPS route, stuffing the phone in her pocket again.

     Shinsou followed her as they walked up the driveway. The house was nice, and Mei lived noticeably comfortably. Togeike pause and looked around, "If I start to steal any gold statues, stop me, because I can assure you I will be tempted if I see them."

     Shinsou chuckled, "If they have any actual gold statues just sitting around, I might join you."

     Togeike came up to the door, and stared at Shinsou, as if waiting for something.

     "What?" He asked.

     "It's your turn to talk to people's parents." She said, pushing him lightly towards the large double doors.

     Shinsou shook his head and backed away, "Nuh-uh, adults are bad and I dislike them. Plus, you did so well with Mrs. Midoriya." He excused himself and stood even farther away from the door.

     "That's just-"

     Togeike was cut off by one of the doors opening. Both Togeike and Shinsou turned towards the woman who opened the door. Her smile was the first thing they noticed, and it could light up a dark room. 

     Her face was littered with wrinkles from smiling, and her hair was curly and red, as if it were a lion's mane. 

     At first, Togeike wasn't sure they'd had the right house, but then she noticed just how similar Mei and this woman were in visual cues.