22

Election night.

I was wearing the cutest hot pink dress that was classic and elegant. It was a sheath dress with a tailored fit and asymmetrical side sash design.

Our entire family had been sitting around the TV all day.

My aunts, uncle, cousins, and grandparents were all sitting with us as our eyes were glued to the news.

"Dad!" Archer exclaimed. "The results are coming in."

"We can now officially say that Nathaniel Colton Fitzgerald is projected to win the California Senate state again." the news anchor announced

Our house erupted in celebration.

We all ran up to hug my Dad.

He won.

Wow.

"How do you feel Natty?" my dad asked me as the make-up artist touched up my makeup.

Now we had to go with my dad, so he could give his victory speech.

"I'm proud of you." I looked at him. "I'm sure that we'll be celebrating you being the president in a couple of years."

He gave me a smile that was reassuring. "Maybe so."

We all sat backstage and watched my Dad give his victory speech. We all got to go on stage after the speeches were over. There was a gorgeous firework display, music, and it was insane to see all of the people that came out to support us.

Life was getting crazy.

It was crazy that everyone in California knew who we were.

I had to have a million requests on my Instagram account. It was insane. Life didn't even feel real.

"Alright, Nat, I gotta head to my parents' house." Drew got up from my bed after the movie ended.

I didn't realize it was already seven.

It was Drew's sister's birthday, and he was going back to his parents' house for her dinner.

"Text me when you make it." I walked him to my front door.

He kissed me. "What are you doing tonight?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. Nia is out with Bryson. I just want to lay low since everything is still so fresh. I'll probably start making study guides for my finals."

"Such an intellectual." he beamed. "I'll Venmo you so you can get yourself some dinner. Get something good. Maybe even order some froyo."

I nodded my head. "That sounds like a good plan."

"It is." he took his keys out of his pocket. "I'll text you."

I waved. "Bye, Drew."

I locked my door and sat down on the couch.

Jeez, this was lonely.

I watched an episode of The Bachelor that I missed last week. It wasn't that good. I was on TikTok for most of the episode.

Then there was a knock on my door.

I looked through the peephole and opened the door.

"Hi, Natalia." Catalina (Matteo's girlfriend) greeted me.

"Your apartment is so cute." she peeped in.

I smiled. "Thank you. Is everything ok?"

"Everything is fine. Today is Beau's birthday and we're having a small dinner upstairs. There's a fajita bar, margaritas, and cake. I'd figured that I'd come to invite you." she explained.