Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"How was work Ty?" Justin asks with an unusually happy grin.

"It was," I try to think of the right word, "work."

"Good, good!" He pats my head. "Have I ever told you, you have soft hair? I swear it's like so soft!"

He's really starting to freak me out. Justin is normally a happy guy but this is just, weird. Something must be up.

"What's with that look?" He asks pouting, but not even a second later his grin automatically comes back.

"What are you on?" He's defiantly not sober right now. There's no way. I don't think anyone can be this happy!

"Oh nothing, just love!" He sighs happily.

My eyes widen. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm in love Ty! I've found the girl I want to spend forever with!" He pulls out of the parking lot. "Her name is Taylor and she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen."

I smile a little at his words. "Is that why you've been going out so often?"

"Mmmh," he nods.

"How long have you known her?" If Justin says he's in love then he must mean it. He doesn't lie about stuff like that.

"About a three and a half months." He leans back in the driver's seat. "You would love her Ty! She's perfect!"

"T-that's great." I mumble felling jealousy make it's way though my body. "Wonderful."

"Man what's your problem?" He grumbles, no longer smiling. "I tell you that I'm in love and you go and be an asshole!"

I bite my tongue so I don't say something stupid about he shouldn't get to be so happy when I feel so horrible.

"Well aren't you going to answer me?!" He hisses. "No? Okay fine! Be like that Ty! Ever since you quit that job for whatever the hell his name was you've been acting like a little baby! I didn't want to say anything about it because I knew you had a thing for your boss. I can't do this anymore Ty! You need to get over it! He obviously didn't give a shit about you! You don't deserve to waste your time on a bastard like him! I hate it when you're upset Ty! I can't be truly happy if you aren't."

"I'm sorry." I cry. "I just...It hurts Justin. I want it to stop hurting."

We're pretty close to home by now but I notice Justin speeding up.

"When we get home I'll make you some hot chocolate and we can watch any movie you want!" He promises.

"Can we have cookies too?" I ask teary-eyed.

"I think we have a box or two in the pantry." He tells me. I smile.

The next weeks days I start to feel better. I'm getting over the past and having a little more fun. Justin introduced me to Taylor, who is just a wonderful as Justin made her seem. I'm happy for him. He needed someone to keep him in line! Everything is going perfect! Well as perfect as it could be at this point in my life.

"I think I want to marry her." Justin tells me as I sit on our sofa eating a nice microwaved dinner.

I nearly choke on my under cooked noodles. "You want to what now?!"

"Marry her." He grins. "I've been saving up some money! We've known each other for a while now!"

I can't believe what I'm hearing. They've known each other for five months! That's hardly enough time to decide to commit yourself to someone for the rest of your life! "Are you sure about this?" I ask seriously. I really don't want him doing something he'll regret.

"We've already decided to get an apartment together." As soon as Justin says this his eyes go wide. "Oh shit."

"How am I supposed to pay rent Justin?! Working at McDonald's isn't exactly the most well paying job in the world! And even if I can pay rent I certainly won't be able to pay for food! I don't even have a car! Justin!" This can't be happening! He can't do this to me!

"Look, Ty I can't be your roommate forever. It's been a wonderful three years, but I need to move on! I'm almost 24! I know it's still young and all, but I'm ready to move to the next chapter of my life!"

"And leave me in the gutter?!" If I can't find a roommate I'll surely be evicted! Then what? I can't go home and all the rest of my family hates me just as much! Justin is my only friend so it's not like I can get any help. I'm screwed!

"I'll help you find a roommate! I promise! I bet I can even get a really hot gay dude too! It'll be awesome!" Justin tries cheering me up. It doesn't work.

"I'm going to be." I grumble, walking to the kitchen to put away my halfway eaten dinner.

"Don't you worry Ty! I promise I'll have you the perfect roommate!" Justin calls after me as I slam my door shut. I fall onto my bed and curl into a ball. Tears start pouring from my eyes.

He can't actually be leaving me, can he? We've been through so much! He's my best friend! My only family! Justin is the only thing I have! Without him I'm lost. He can't leave me! He just can't!

I didn't get much sleep last night, so by this morning I'm grumpy as hell. Justin better not try to cheer me up! I'm in a pissy mood and I don't even want to see his stupid face.

"Good morning sunshine! I made you pancakes, got your coffee ready, the news is up on the TV, and last night I made a few calls and got you a place to stay!" Justin grins.

I give him the death glare. "Where?" I snap, taking the tray of food from him.

"Dominic said you could move in!"

Oh hell no.