Chapter 25: Encounter with the Past

A/N: Enjoy the chapter! 

"The villain known as Overhaul is using his daughter to make, quirk erasing bullets" 

Guilty. 

Mirio and Izuku left that little girl in the hands of a dangerous man. 

Guilty. 

She was being subjected to horrible things, her own body being deconstructed for Overhaul's own gain. 

Guilty. 

And they let them go. 

"I'll take full responsibility for what happened with the encounter, I asked that they remained unsuspecting during their patrols" Nighteye said, defending Mirio and Midoriya from any backlash they were faced with. 

"Sir, we also suspect another piece of evidence" Mirio spoke up, raising his hand slightly. 

"Well? Go on with it" Nighteye pushed. 

"Well, it was more of Midoriya's idea. But, he suspects Y/N Amitayus to being involved with Overhaul's plan as well as treatment to the little girl" Mirio explained, making gasps heard all around the room. 

"To think that bastard would go as low as this" Rock Lock growled, clenching his fists in anger. 

"W-wait a second. I honestly don't think Y/N would be involved in this" Kirishima shakily interjected. 

"Why would you think that? After all his done so far, and we saw him in that alleyway with Overhaul" Midoriya protested, looking at the red head in shock. 

Why was Kirishima defending someone like Y/N in the first place? 

"Well, from what I've seen when Y/N fights. He doesn't go around killing or injuring just random people. He's calculated, not merciless to just anyone" Kirishima explained, keeping his gaze down. 

He knows Y/N has done a lot of bad things, killing heroes and attacked that building. But Kirishima still trusted Y/N, that he wouldn't just hurt a little girl. And Y/N wasn't here to defend himself, so if no one was going to, Kirishima would have to do it for him. 

"Y/N has ended many innocent lives ever since he made himself known, even going as far as forcing All Might into retirement. What makes you think he wouldn't do something like this?" Nighteye interrogated, getting irritated at the very thought of a 14 year old injuring his idol so immensely. 

"I think everyone here forgot to look at important details. Sure he killed a lot of heroes and government officials when he destroyed the building, but he let the children and pregnant women leave before he acted violently. And he also let the other hostages leave right after he killed the ones he wanted to. If he showed mercy to those kids, why would he hurt this one?" Kirishima said, showing his perspective on the situation. 

"Even if he spared the lives of those kids, doesn't mean he wouldn't hurt one for his own gain" Tsuyu said, looking at her classmate. 

"I agree, we have to be prepared for anything. And that includes Y/N's involvement with Overhaul" Uraraka agreed..