Chapter 53

Elle continued her run down the hall, making it to the Hufflepuff common room door as she muttered out the password that she only knew because Cedric made sure to tell her every time it changed.

She barged in to see Cedric, Ian, and Dylan all sat around together, laughing loudly. Cedric's face dropped when he saw the blonde and the unsettled look on her face as if there were mere seconds before tears would run down her face.

"Elle? What's wrong?" Cedric asked, quickly standing up.

"Did Fred do something?" Dylan asked as Elle slowly nodded.

"We got into a fight." Elle cried out, Cedric using his arm, to gently guide her towards the couches where they all sat.

"What happened?" Ian asked.

"Fred was with Angie, again, and we got into a fight because he can't see how she is trying to destroy our relationship and he lets it happen. She was wearing his sweater today! And he got all upset with me saying how he can't be like me and needs to study." Elle explained, "Fred and I are like hot and cold, we can go from weeks of having a perfect relationship to this, in literally a matter of seconds."

"You don't deserve it, Elle." Dylan sighed out, letting Cedric comfort her as his arm slid around her shoulders.

Suddenly, Luke and Olivia came running into the common room, obviously out of breath from running.

"Guys? What's going on?" Ian asked, looking at them.

"We just saw Angelina and Fred kissing." Luke revealed as all eyes turned to Elle.

"What?" Elle whispered out in utter disbelief.

Fred walked briskly down the hall, not wanting to get attention on himself when Jackson and George walked over to him, oblivious to the situation.

"Not the time." Fred snapped at them.

"We didn't even say anything." Jackson said as George sent Fred a look.

"What's going on?" George asked him, the couple now walking beside Fred.

"I don't want to talk about it, I need to talk to Elle." Fred told them.

"Where is she?" George asked.

"Where do you think?" Fred muttered out, pushing open the Hufflepuff door after someone walked out.

Fred, George, and Jackson walked in to see Elle with tears streaming down her face as Cedric comforted her, Dylan and Ian sitting beside them, and Olivia and Luke standing in front of them. They all turned to look at the three, Luke sending daggers Fred's way.

"What's going on?" George asked the group.

"Your twin brother cheated on Elle." Luke told him, not taking his eyes off Fred.

"What?" Jackson and George yelled out in unison.

"I didn't cheat!" Fred yelled, wanting to defend himself.

"We saw you kissing-" Luke started before Olivia cut him off.

"-that slimy bitch." Olivia finished.

"Look Elle, let me prove it to you-" Fred stammered, not wanting Elle to think he cheated.

"How?" Ian scoffed.

"Veritaserum." Dylan spoke up as Fred rolled his eyes.

"Fine, fine, I will do anything." Fred nodded.

"I will go steal some from Snape's stash." Jackson sighed out, quickly running out of the common room.

The room sat in utter silence while they waited for Jackson to come back, Elle not being able to look anyone in the eye. She felt embarrassed.