H O L D O N

I dashed inside the hospital, running through the long hallway that smelt like death and medicine

       I dashed inside the hospital, running through the long hallway that smelt like death and medicine. Everything was silent and somehow it felt like time froze, my hair whipped against my shoulder when I turned the corner. I spotted my mom far down the hallway, she was hugging a distress Mia and standing next to them was my uncle.

My uncle spotted me first, his lips quivered as tears fell from his cheeks, he whispers something to my mom that causes her to turn around to look at me.

"Mom." I whispered, they all seemed to be drowning in their own tears but they had no reason to be, he's alive, he's just laying in a hospital bed. At least that's what I'm telling myself, he can't leave me.

I shake my head before rushing over to my family, my feet carried me so quickly that it felt like I was flying through mid-air.

My mom tossed her arms around me, hugging me tightly. I stared at Mia who was still sobbing but trying to hold her tears back in front of me, my eyes found my uncles. His eyes were bloodshot and there was sweat gathering around his forehead, he must've rushed here like I did.

"Dad was in a really bad accident, he was hit by a drunk driver." My mom tells me, I pulled back to glare at her.

"Tell me he's fine." I whispered.

My mom broke down even more while shaking her head, that's when my world stopped spinning. She wasn't giving me a answer fast enough so I glanced at Mia, she turned her head not wanting to face me. I had no choice but to look at my uncle, he looked directly at me without turning away in guilt.

"Adora, you should sit dow-"

"Tell me, please." I begged, I walked pass my mom and stood in front of him before reaching over and grabbing his hand softly.

"Please."

He looked at me with the same eyes he shared with my dad, he inhaled a bunch of air.

"He's brain dead." He exhaled his words, it didn't make them sound any softer. I felt like those words had just punched me in the face repeatedly, my hand touched my chest as I hunched over just a little.

He grabbed my shoulder making sure I wouldn't fall, my legs carried me backwards and before I could fall someone wrapped their hands around my waist. It was Faust, he held on tightly to my waist making sure to balance me. A painful sob escaped pass my lips, my mom cried as she saw me break to pieces.

The time he taught me how to ride a bike was just a memory now, the times he took me shopping for passing quizzes is a memory, he never got to walk me down the aisle, and he'll never get to meet his future grandkids. He never got to marry Mia, and Mia never got to share her life with him.