Chapter 16

An update after a long time-

Sorry for the abrupt break I took.

Just so you all are still connected with the story, I recommend you to read the previous chapter so you know where you are.

Happy reading :)

------

Five boys are inside the empty classroom in the corner of the hallway, wild bouts of laughter and words concealed by the walls.

"Hey, Seonghwa", one of them asks; he is sitting on the professor's spinning chair, feet propped up on the table in front of him, like he owns it. "You sure we aren't going to get caught?"

Seonghwa nods, taking a sip from a relatively normal looking mint blue bottle but to anyone who bothers to sniff at the liquid inside or have a taste, they would realise, it isn't water but beer.

He passes the bottle to the guy next to him who had been waiting for it for some time. "Yeah,I am sure. The extra curricular classes are going on at the other end of the campus and the teachers are still staying back so the school won't close off either".

Taehyung raises an eyebrow and looks up from the notebook he was sketching in. "What if the teachers catch us? Staying inside a classroom after school hours and drinking in on top of that, isn't that safe....we could have just gone somewhere else".

"Chill, Taehyung". The boy, Minho, whose feet were on the table, says. "The teachers are on the upper floor and we will leave in a few minutes anyways. Now loosen up and have a drink".

Minho motions to the person currently having the bottle to pass it to Taehyung.

Taehyung shakes his head. He didn't want to risk getting caught drinking inside a classroom. He was all in for the thrill of it but drinking alcohol inside the school campus will surely decrease the chances of him getting into any college, even the one rumoured to have more rats than students.

"You all go ahead, I will drink later".

The boys wave it off and continue talking about this new professor and the new football team.

Returning to his sketch, Taehyung doesn't realise the message notifications coming until the light from his phone upon every notification distracts him from his drawing. He picks up the phone and sees four messages from Jin, one after the other.

Jin: Taehyung? Where are you? 

Jin: waiting in the parking lot

Jin: you are coming, right?

Jin: hellloooo???

Shit. Work. Car. Picking up. Shit shit shit.

How could Taehyung forget? He had a job now! And not only that but he had asked (said) Jin to drop him off to work everyday.

Jin would surely be furious at him. This wasn't good.

".... right? Bro!" A smack on his shoulder makes Taehyung look at Seonghwa.

"What?" He asks, annoyed at himself for forgetting about his new job and at Seonghwa for touching him. He didn't like skin contact.

"What's gotten you so distracted? We are laughing and here you are...what are you even doing?"

Before Taehyung can say something, Minho has walked upto him and picked up the notebook in front of him.

Minho laughs. "He is been drawing second grade pictures of the sun and this classroom!"

He shows the notebook around as if it was a scandalous photograph.

Angered, Taehyung stands up and snatches the notebook, shoving Minho.

The other looks at him. "What the hell, man? No need to shove me!"

"Don't touch my notebook then!" Taehyung exclaims while starting to pack his bag up.

Second grade picture? It was a sketch and Minho shouldn't have touched his drawing in the first place.

Seonghwa goes to Minho and puts an arm around his shoulder. "Not a biggie, Minho. Our Taehyung must be angry from getting rejected or something. Which girl was it, hmm?"

The boys all look at Taehyung with teasing smirks and frustrated, Taehyung shakes his head.

He leaves the classroom, making sure to take the corner stairs to avoid the teachers and takes out his phone to text Jin.

Me: on the way

Taehyung should probably apologise.

He was already around twenty minutes late and the sun wasn't that merciful too. Jin would probably be standing out there, waiting for him under the heat and as much as Taehyung didn't care for Jin, he did feel bad knowing that Jin was out there alone for a favor Taehyung had wanted.

Starting to speed up his walk as to not let Jin wait alone any longer, Taehyung reaches the parking lot. Looking around, he spots Jin under a shade talking with another boy.

As he walks closer to them, he hears Jin laugh.

Well, Jin doesn't look alone or angry much, Taehyung thinks to himself.

Here he was, worrying about him, like a stupid person.

He clears his throat, making Jin and the other boy look at him.

Jin's eyes widen then slowly turn into a frown. "Nice of you to arrive so quick". His words sure are coated with sarcasm.

"Whatever. Now should we get going? I don't want to be late for work". Taehyung says impatiently.

The third boy is just watching the two curiously.

"Late? Shouldn't you have been thinking of that when-".

"Can you be quiet and just... get your car?" Taehyung stops himself from revealing further information to the guy who was making Jin laugh.

Jin sighs and turns to the other boy. "It was nice talking to you, Baekhyun, see you tomorrow!"

Baekhyun smiles and waves his hands. "Sure, Jin. Take care!"

Taehyung doesn't forget to glare at Baekhyun before unconsciously grabbing Jin's hands and pulling him away.

If someone asks him why he glared at Baekhyun, of course it would be because that boy was making Taehyung late for work.

As for why he grabbed Jin's hands?

Taehyung wasn't sure he could answer that yet.

------

(Kinda short but expect that from the upcoming chapters too hehe. I will try my best to be more regular with the updates)

(PS: thanks to everyone who asked me to update this book or are still wanting to read this ;-;)

love you all!

💜

[unedited]