Chapter 22: Time To Kiss And Make Up

This doesn't quite get as far as smut, but it does get kinda steamy at some point. Don't come at me, I added some smut further on. Not a whole chapter again but a small part. For now, enjoy bottom Nat and a really long chapter ;)

On the way home, Natasha couldn't stop glancing at Katya. It felt so good to have her with her again. To know for sure she's safe, not having to worry about a text or a call to confirm that. It never felt good to be without her. It was quieter. Somber, boring. 

About halfway through the journey, she reached over and took her hand in her own. Katya looked up and saw the emotion behind her wife's eyes. With a soft smile, she squeezed her hand, silently promising she was here and wasn't leaving any time soon again.  

Maya had fallen asleep in the backseat. It was way past her bedtime and all the jumping around made her tired. She was a light sleeper, so both Russians stayed quiet to avoid waking her up. They didn't mind, though. Silence between them was rarely uncomfortable.

Katya wasn't tired, to her own surprise. On the plane, she had gotten some sleep, and the adrenaline of being home was enough to keep her awake. The skyscrapers of New York had never looked better, their lights lighting up the darkening sky. By the time they got home, the moon was out. 

Katya carefully picked up Maya's sleeping form and carried her from the car to her bed. With clothes and all, she put her in bed, pulling off her boots. Taking a shower and brushing teeth could happen tomorrow morning. 

Maya turned to her stomach after Katya placed the covers over her, a content smile on her lips. Finally, the girl could sleep in peace, knowing her little family was complete. 

Katya flicked on the nightlight and shut the door silently, trailing down the stairs to look for Natasha. 

She came through the front door with four huge balloons in one hand and a bag of presents in another, kicking the door closed with her foot.

Everything got dumped on the dinner table to be sorted out tomorrow and she walked to the kitchen to grab herself some wine. ''You want some?'' she asked Katya without turning around. She hadn't acknowledged her in any way, but simply sensed where she was at all times.

''Why not.'' Katya snuck up behind her, connecting her hands on Natasha's stomach and pressing light kisses to her exposed neck. It made her shiver involuntarily, her eyes closing on their own. 

When Katya moved to her jaw, Natasha broke out of her trance and turned around in her arms. ''So you're home for five minutes and the teasing already starts?'' she complained, pulling Katya closer with her hands dangerously low. 

Katya hummed, her eyes shining with humor. ''I can leave again if you want to.''

''Don't you dare,'' Natasha glared, tightening her grip as she lowered her voice. ''Keeping you here forever now.''

Katya's cheeks flushed a bit at the tone of her voice, trying to refrain herself from giving in too easily. ''Wouldn't mind that,'' she whispered back, looking at her lips, inching closer to them. They were like a drug, always pulling her in. 

Before she could close the gap, though, Natasha brought her lips to Katya's ear. Expecting her to kiss there, Katya closed her eyes and tilted her head to the side. But instead, she heard some warning words in her ear. ''Don't tempt me.''

''Or what?'' she breathed back, her heart pounding in her chest expectantly. Natasha's breath on her neck made her knees weak.

Now, she expected everything, but not for Natasha to abruptly pull away, let go of her entirely and turn to the counter, going back to pouring the wine.