Chapter 32

"Your Highness I saw the assassin of the murdering case! Quickly go and report!" She panicky told him while watching the man's back.

"How about you?"

"I will chase the man."

"It's dangerous! Let me chase it and you go report to Second Brother!" Li Zhi Ming objected.

"You don't know how he look like! Let's not argue anymore. We will lose him. Quick!" Xu Ling Ai urged Li Zhi Ming.

"Do not get near him! I will come back as soon as possible." Li Zhi Ming warned Xu Ling Ai. He simply grab a horse nearby and ride it to make a report.

Xu Ling Ai grab ahold of her down robes and lift it to ease her when running. She hide when the man turn to look around.

Now that she know his identity, he do look a bit odd. He is dress in all black outfit. Wearing a hat to cover his face, he keep looking down.

"Where is he going?" She muttered when he started to walk towards a road where there is no one.

Xu Ling Ai is afraid but she is determined on catching him. Hiding behind a huge tree, the man suddenly stopped.

When she peek again, he is out of nowhere. No trace of him can be found.

"I lost him! Shit!" Xu Ling Ai curse loudly.

"Are you looking for me?" A voice behind her startled her so much that she stumbled.

The man chuckle with his breath hitting her neck. His laugh made her shiver.

Turning around hesitantly, she finally stand face to face with the killer. Xu Ling Ai got goosebumps all over her body.

"Do you want to die young lady?" The man calmly asked.

He even open his hat to letting everything show up. Xu Ling Ai finally had clear look of his face.

Xu Ling Ai gasps when she saw his eyes going red. She is sure that he is not a human. Probably half human and half a different creature.

"Run. I love to chase." The man's word bring goosebumps all over Xu Ling Ai's body. She is a bit regret following him.

If he was a human, she might be able to take him down. But this man in front of her is not a human.

"Why would I run? I'm here to catch you." Xu Ling Ai tried not to show her scared emotion. She hope Li Zhi Ming will arrive as soon as possible.

"Arrogant bitch!" The man suddenly grab her neck.

He pushed her hard towards the nearest tree. Her body crash the trees that it let out a sound. The man lift her up from the ground.

Xu Ling Ai struggle to breath. She was totally suffocated. The man look terrifying. Fangs suddenly grew surprised Xu Ling Ai once again.

"V- vampire?" She croak out word. Her face turn pale and blue.

The man were quite shock by her statement. No one knew about his identity. All of his victims know nothing about him. They called him a monster.

"How do you know about vampire?"

Once he let down his guard, Xu Ling Ai take out the small knife from her sleeves. She stab it on the man's shoulder.

"Arghh!!" The man fell on his knees holding his shoulder.

"Y-you thought I came unprepared? You're wrong!" Xu Ling Ai stabbed him once again on his thigh.

"Cough! Cough!" Xu Ling Ai ease her neck with her hands.

She tried to run away but the vampire grab her leg that she fell down.

"Ouch!"

Xu Ling Ai tried to kick him but she failed. Her eyes widen up when she saw the wound that she made on his shoulder had already healed.

Using her last solution, she grab the sand and threw it in his face.

Thankfully, this time she succeeded. Sprinting away from him, she ran like her life depends on it.

"Bitch!" Another movement of him surprised her. He suddenly appears in front of her in a very fast pace scared her.

Again, he choked her but this time with more pressure. She tried to reach him but his size is bigger than her. He lifted her up like she weight nothing.

One of his hand getting ready to rip her heart out of her chest. Xu Ling Ai awaiting for death.

"I-I w-wasn't e-expecting t-to die in a freaking v-vampire's hands. D-damn feel so lucky!" Xu Ling Ai smirk arrogantly. She wanted to provoke him.

Feeling annoyed by the small lady's arrogance, he wanted to kill her painfully. Putting more pressure on her neck but the smirk can't be wiped off.

"I will torment you until you begged for death." He chuckle evilly.

Xu Ling Ai was about to faint but the vampire suddenly hurled her towards the tree.

A human would automatically died if someone's was thrown in a big force like that.

'Am I going back to hell?'

Xu Ling Ai close her eyes waiting to crash on the trees. Her body flung to the trees direction. She is sure that her head will break into pieces when she hit the tree.

That moment she feels like she is flying. Her body will crash the tree within seconds.

All of sudden, a shadow of a huge figure sprint to shield Xu Ling Ai's body from hitting the tree. His huge arms wrap around her body protecting her.

'Goblin finally arrived to save me?' She thought feeling her body being grab by someone just like a scene in the drama.

Her saviour's eyes also turn back and forth between black and bright red. Xu Ling Ai is in a complete daze. She breath heavily. She could feel her neck will be bruised.

"Li Zhao." She muttered.

Even without looking at him, Xu Ling Ai know it was him. The feeling of him holding her waist is the same as their wedding day incident.

To be honest, her heart skip a beat when he snatch her waist into his embrace. He is always there for her whenever the circumstances is tight.

Landing on the ground, Li Zhao hold her with one hand. Xu Ling Ai lean her head on his chest feeling dizzy.

"Duke Su." The vampire poison man gasps when he saw the way Li Zhao's eyes changing just like him.

Li Zhao did not respond to him but he instead uses his abilities giving a blow to the man.

At first Li Zhao plan to knock out the man and investigate him later. However, when the man let out a sentence that no one should know it force Li Zhao to kill him.

"You're also a v-am.." Before the vampire man could continue his words.

Li Zhao use his martial arts to stab a stake through his hearts. His chest splash out muddle of bloods.

Xu Ling Ai tried to look at the vampire but Li Zhao suddenly close her eyes using his palm.

"You can't kill me."

The man smirked thinking that his wound will be healed but he suddenly coughed out black blood. Within seconds, he lay down on the ground lifeless.

"I'm fine." Xu Ling Ai let out a word with her eyes closed by him.

She had recover from the dizziness that she experience because of the choking. Her heart also had stopped beating because of him.

'Maybe I'm just mesmerized by his look. Yup I am just a normal girl who has a weak spot for hot guys.' Xu Ling Ai tries to convince her own feeling.

P.S.
Li Zhao save her!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R