Chapter Four

The hand covering my face is rough and calloused, bandager's wrapped around the palm. The arm is tight and tightens more as I struggle. I'm still unable to see anything besides the moonlight from the window shinning in and onto my bedroom floor.

There's a chest pressed to my back, warm and muscular.

I kick my legs back in the hope of kicking whoever it is off of me. My arms fly up to grab on to the hand around my mouth and try to pull the fingers back. It doesn't work so I move onto the next plan to scratch at both arms.

My nails catch on something along the forearm. The person behind me hisses out in pain and growls under their breath.

It's then that it clicks. The person behind me must be the man that got shot in the arm last night.

My breathing picks up and my heart starts beating out of my chest, there's no doubt he can feel it against his chest.

"Keep still or I'll slit your throat" he angrily spits through his teeth and into my ear. I immediately freeze in place, my body seizing up. "Good, now shut up" he says, pushing me onto my bed.

I'm breathing heavily and scatter up towards the headboard, pushing my hair away from my face not willing to take my eyes off him.

This is my first proper glance at him. It's definitely the guy from across the fence, that's easy to tell due to the mess of curls on his head. He's dressed in black jeans and a black shirt along with boots. He looks raggedy and messy, that doesn't take away from his looks though. His hair looks like it was neatly done into some sort of quiff but now half of it flops messily onto his forehead.

The bandage on his arm is bulky and red blood seeps through, dripping down his arm and onto the floor.

He's watching me closely, ready to pounce if I make any sort of noise.

"First aid?" he asks. His voice is threatening, deep and just above a grumble. Hadn't he gathered enough first aid from the Kents residence last night?

I point towards the closed door of my bathroom.

"Get it" he says. I hesitate, my eyes jumping to the door that would lead me into the hallway. "Now" his voice is menacing and it immediately brings my attention back to him, any thought of escaping disappearing from my mind.

I slowly scoot off the bed and walk towards the bathroom door. He follows close enough for me to feel the heat of him against my back, making me hold my breath as a whiff of cigarette can be smelt on him.

I flick the light on and rummage through the drawers looking for what he requested. He stands at the door. Both hands against each side of the door frame. He looks menacing but at the same time not afraid of getting caught or in a hurry to leave.

I find my first aid kit, paracetamol and cough drops. I gather them and hold them out to him.

He stares me down for a few seconds, his eyes holds anger and hatred. I'm not sure if it's directed directly at me or towards Class as a whole.

He snatches it all from me roughly, his hands make contact with mine causing me to quietly gasp and step back, the action briefly bringing his attention back to me. He turns away and goes towards my closet, coming out with a bag. He shoves everything into it before turning to me.

"What'd you see?" he questions. He takes a step towards me.

I dont answer, just shake my head.

"Words" he growls, getting in my face.

I shake my head again "nothing" I whisper, my voice shaking.

"Good" he gives me one more look in the eyes before he goes towards the bedroom door, opens it and closes it softly behind him.

I don't hear anything else, not even footsteps until thirty seconds later when the click of the front door closes.

I release a heavy breath, feeling the air fill my lungs again, along with a hint of cigarette.

I walk towards my window and look towards the fence. A guard is walking just past my window and for some odd reason it causes slight panic in my chest. He passes and after a minute he's out of sight.

That's when a dark shadow runs from the side of my house and towards the fence. He throws over the bag then starts climbing, expertly avoiding triggering the alarm. He doesn't bother climbing down the other side, instead deciding to jump down. He lands graciously on his feet before sprinting towards the tree line.

He doesn't look back and is gone within seconds along with the bag.

The guard comes back into sight just as he disappears into the bush.

I'm unable to believe what my eyes are seeing. Sir Walter assured Class that the fence was impossible to get over without the alarm being set off or the guards catching you. It was the only thing that brought comfort against Lawless.

And I've just witnessed that that's not true at all.

I stand there for half an hour total before deciding to shower. Feeling like I needed to wash his smell off me. Turning around, I see the blood drops on the floorboards, quickly wiping them up with toilet paper before flushing it. All of the evidence that he was ever here in the first place is gone.

I get into bed, my hair wet and dripping. I lay awake for hours, the fear of him coming back keeping me awake.