Chapter 2

NANGHIHINA NA si Sunset dahil magtatatlong araw na siyang walang tubig o pagkain.

The hunger made her head throb terribly and the thirst is making it worse. Good thing tho, the cell guards observe cleanliness and she was allowed to use the lavatory but she hasn't taken a bath.

But with her estate right now, bath is her least concern. The shock collar will soon electrify her and that is what she's waiting to pass by and she wants to just sleep and be back to her cell where it is warm.

She's also running a fever but the damn cell guards are firm on making her finish her punishment.

Curled up in the corner, sitting, Sunset is still conscious but she felt really weak and sick. Magtatatlong araw na siya sa madilim na silid na iyon. It is tough but she always consoles herself with the thought of— she had been in worse.

Hunger, the cold room, the darkness, and even the absence of food and water are nothing to compare to what she had gone through countless times while growing up inside René's mansion.

This is not to compare to what she experienced in the past but she still doesn't want to be back in this place.

The silence is driving her nuts. Damn, she despised silence because her brain keeps on going back to those horrible nights where she was in the dark corner, listening quietly as women go through torture until they take their last breath.

Kinuyom ni Sunset ang kamay mariing pumikit.

Think of something another, bitch... come on...

Tumaas ang gilid ng labi niya nang maisip niya si Ruckus. Aahh, yeah... she better think of that man.

Kumusta na kaya ito?

Well, she would guess he's enjoying the life up above. Free and happy. Ilan na kaya ang naging girlfriend nito?

Kumunot ang noo ni Sunset sa tanong na iyon.

Why should she wonder how many girlfriends he already had?

Aah... yeah, it's because she has to think of something other than the horrors in her life.

Nasa ganoon siyang pag-iisip nang marinig niyang bumukas ang pintuan ng silid na kinaroroonan niya. Ilang sandali ang lumipas ay nagliwanag iyon.

Sunset hissed, covering her eyes from the blinding fluorescent light but didn't move her head from leaning against the wall. Seconds passed and the light was turned dimly and Sunset was able to look around. That's when he saw the man she was just thinking of.

"Ruckus..." Sunset chuckled, finding humor in the coincidence.

Nagsalubong ang kilay nito. It added to the dangerous aura he carries around him. Making him look even more rough and hostile.

"Have you found humor in the darkness you laugh when it disappeared?" Flatly he asked before crouching beside her.

"A-huh," Sunset laughed, the one that does not reach her eyes and hollow. "Mukhang nakikilala mo na ako ah."

He tsked, looking at her neck but not touching her. "Not even the tip of your hair," he replied. "How do you find the isolation room? Quite cozy isn't it?" Sarcasm was evident in his tone.

Sunset weakly shrugged. "It is if only they were generous enough to give me at least a glass of water a day," aniya sa bahaw na boses.

Narinig niya ang pagbuga nito ng hangin saka ang pagbukas nito ng bottled water na hindi niya napansin na dala nito.

"Here, drink."

It was not an offer but an order. And Sunset was in a mood to follow so she took the bottle with her trembling hands. But the good samaritan in the self-hood of Ruckus Crown miraculously wants to help her.