Chapter 1: welcome home.

I've always loved flying, it made me feel like I was not here nor there it was an amazing feeling

I've always loved flying, it made me feel like I was not here nor there it was an amazing feeling. I am excited about seeing my family too, I haven't seen them in three years.

You see I was in a 'gifted' boarding school for academically advanced students, my parents got a letter when I was fourteen that said that I was so smart that I had to go to this school, it was from the government and my parents got so excited that their little girl was smart that they just shipped me off a week later. At first I hated it there but after a while and a little confidence boost later I made that place my bitch. I graduated at seventeen with honors and now I get to go home. Finally.

I am kinda dreading it though. Oliver will probably be there-he is my brother's best friend after all-  you see I had the biggest crush on him before I left and it took me a while to get over him. Realizing that he would always see me as his best friend's little sister, or worse HIS little sister made it a little easier getting over the crush I had on him. And I don't know what will happen when I see him again. Don't get me wrong I'm not scared of seeing him and I'm not nervous or anxious either... I don't get nervous, anxious or scared. Ever.

Okay getting on topic again, I'm glad I'm out of that hell hole, it was a suffocating place with so many rules that I just couldn't follow, despite that, I got the highest grades that school ever saw I was nothing like the little goody two shoes that they wanted me to be, I was everything but that, I was most probably their worst nightmare, if I didn't have the brains that they needed I would've probably been kicked out of there in my freshman year.

I was too engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn't notice that the airplane is about to land and I need to fasten my seatbelt, so I did that and twenty minutes later the plane landed.
I got to baggage claim and got my suitcase which was fairly small and I left the airport, got a cab and now I'm on my way home.

Oh I forgot a small detail, my parents don't know I'm coming home. I wanted to surprise them they don't even know I graduated, I made sure of it. I did not want my parents meeting my teachers and the latter telling my parents about how much of a disruption I am to their precious teaching. So yeah, I'm excited to see how they react and for them to see how much I've changed since they last saw me when I was a little mousy fourteen year old who didn't know the first thing about confidence. I made a whole 180.

The cab driver informed me that we reached our destination so I paid him and got out of the vehicle. Got my suitcase and I'm about to knock on the front door of my childhood home. When the door flings open and reveals a very familiar, very tall and very hot guy in front of me. It took me a second to realize that I am standing in front of Oliver Collins, brother's best friend.

"Kayden?" He said. His voice is deep and mesmerizing and you guessed it, vey hot.

"In the flesh, Collins." I answered. There was something tingling in my stomach when he talked and I knew  all too well what it was so I pushed it down with the rest of my feelings for him.

I walked past him and into the living room to find my parents sitting on the couch watching something on the tv. So my natural instinct was to just go and sit next to my mom on the couch.

When I sat and the couch dipped a little my mom turned her head to me and her eyes widened and I think I even saw her eyes glazing over before I was bulldozered over by my mom with what I can confirm the tightest hug known to mankind.

"Oh my god my baby." Yup she definitely sounds like she is crying, she released me from a very tight hold to a slightly less tight hold. She moved her hands to my cheeks and basically squished my cheeks. "Oh my god you are so beautiful, my beautiful little baby."

"Well how can you see that I'm beautiful if my face basically looks like a squish-mallow?" I said while I chuckled, well as much as one can chuckle while their face is being scrunched like a pillow. She released me from her hold and looked at my face.

"Yup still beautiful. " she said.

"Hi mom." I said while chuckling again.

I heard a squeal and got bulldozered over again. But this time by a very heavy body, that weighed me down and made me fall on my back. I recognize this body as my idiot older brother that apparently squeals like a little girl.

"Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi," He dragged the last 'hi' and squealed again. That made me lose it and I started laughing like crazy. As much as my brother is an idiot I missed him so much when I was in that stupid boarding school, before I left he was practically my best friend. And I get that the feeling is very much mutual.

He started laughing with me and after a few minutes of suffocation and laughing like hyenas, he got off of me and then I got up and went to hug my dad, which apparently is the only normal person that doesn't bulldozer his family over.

"What are you doing here?" My dad asked. "Don't you graduate next year?"

"About that..." I said. "Iskippedayearandgraduatedyesturday." I said really fast. I just didn't want them to get hurt ok?

My dad laughed slightly "Okay champ, I need you to repeat that a little slower this time."

" I skipped a year and graduated yesterday." I said while sighing.

"WHAT?" They all said in unison.

"Yeah, I just wanted to surprise you guys and come home early." I started walking towards the kitchen because I was basically starving and I didn't really want to talk about the hell hole.

My family followed me to the kitchen throwing questions at me from all over,
"What do you mean you graduated early?"
"How did we not know about this?"
"How did you even get here?"
"Why didn't you tell us?"

The last question made me freeze for a second, but I decided to answer them anyway.

"I skipped a year, sophomore year to be exact. I made sure you guys wouldn't know. Airplane and cab, and I didn't tell you guys because I didn't want you guys coming to that awful place." I sighed and went to open the fridge. I am actually seeing edible food in here, I haven't seen edible food in three years.

I didn't know what to eat so I just took a water from the fridge and sipped it while looking at the fridge debating what to eat.

I guess my mom saw that I was hungry so she told me to stand aside and started making something, I don't even know what.

My brother with all his glory decided to make everything awkward for me.
"Kay you remember Oliver, right?"

"Umm, yeah of course I remember Oliver I was gone for three years dumbass, not a decade." I taunted. All of the sudden I got extremely tired.
"Hey I'm gonna go to my room I really need a nap, being on an airplane for six hours does not help fatigue." I joked.

"Yeah of course honey, I'll call you when the food is ready okay baby?" Mom asked.

"Ok mom, thank you." I murmured out of fatigue.

"And after your little nap I want you to tell me everything ok?"she inquired.

"Ok mom," I assured and took my suitcase upstairs to my room. I opened the door that led to my childhood bedroom, and it looks exactly the same as the day I left. Everything is tidy and put together in a minimalist type way and I don't hate it but I definitely don't love it, I'll take care of my room tomorrow as for right not the only thing I'm worried about is my head on the pillow, that is situated on my bed, peacefully sleeping.

So I took off my shoes and flopped on the bed not bothering to change out of my clothes, the second my head hit the pillow I welcomed darkness and fell into a deep slumber.
************************************
Please don't forget to vote and comment thank you for reading, have an amazing day I love you<3.