Chapter Sixteen

Eric's POV

------------------------------

"Eric, hurry up."

"I'm coming, one sec."

"Get off the fucking phone, end the call."

I called Davina just to check on her and make sure things were still okay at the safe house. I texted her an hour ago, and she didn't reply so I got worried. I left her a cell phone on the kitchen island and told her to reply everytime I text, but she didn't do that. When she did, she wrote, "Stop textually harassing me." Apparently that's what I was doing.

That's when I called her and asked why she didn't answer my texts. She responded, "I was watching fucking TV, leave me alone." However, my unpleasant conversation with her was now interrupted by my brother, Anthony.

We're leaving for the meeting with the Americans in five minutes, and Anthony always takes these things seriously. He's following in my father's footsteps. So am I, but he's just a few steps ahead of me. That only makes sense, though. After all, he is the heir, not me.

"Who are you talking to, new fuck buddy?" he asks me with an arched brow, fixing the ends of the sleeves of his dress shirt.

"Something like that," I shrug.

I haven't even fucked her yet.

Anthony chuckles, putting on his jacket. "Another brunette?"

"As always."

My brother and I are only three years apart in age but when it comes to girls, our personalities are almost the same. Whenever I came home from school when I was still in high school, we'd be sitting at the dinner table, talking about who we'd fucked recently. He's been more busy now, though, and I have too. We still talk but we're not as close as we used to be.

The meeting is in an old abandoned building an hour away from the compound, but Ethan doesn't know that, of course. Ethan is the leader of the American mafia. He's the one who is interested in this 'alliance'.

Ethan's father, Jack, was the previous leader of the American mafia. He tried forming an alliance with us years ago, when I was still a kid. My father was about to make the agreement, until Jack brought up the idea of human-trafficking. I didn't know what it was back then but now I do, and it's fucking disgusting.

The Americans have never been the most powerful mafia. Not even one of the top three. So Jack's solution was to begin human-trafficking as if that would have been beneficial for them. They continued for about five years before Ethan took over the crime-family and ended it all, thankfully. That's why my father is interested in being in an alliance with them again. Ethan is wiser than his dad, as far as I can tell.

"How are Flynn and Dex doing?" I ask my dad while we're in the car. "Are they hurt?"

"No," he answers. I haven't actually had a good look at Flynn and Dex ever since we came back from Mexico. I've been too focused on the American situation and Davina. I disabled the security system at the safe house she's in so in case she's does anything dumb that could trigger the alarms, my dad won't be informed.

"I wonder what's happening with Davina now," my dad smirks. "That bitch is going to get what she deserves." That sent chills throughout my body, and that rarely happens.

"For sure," I whisper.

"What do you think they're doing now? Torturing her? Starving her?" he pauses for a while, "killing her?"

"I don't know," I quickly say.

"And her father isn't even looking for her," he begins laughing. "Ah, I bet we did her a favour. And her father. He probably can't stand her either."