Revived

"No, Technoblade, you fucking listen!" A muffled voice came from another room.

I opened my eyes slightly to find myself in a medical room of sorts. It wasn't like the small one I had been in before back at L'Manberg. This one was fully equipped with dozens of vials and supplies on the shelves.

I looked over, which caused some nausea and dizziness. There was a spruce door that was slightly cracked open. I squinted and made out figures in the other room sitting at a table arguing.

"It shouldn't be taking this long! Most people recover from a lost life in an hour or two, a day at most!" It was Dream's voice speaking. "She's been like this for almost a week. No vitals, nothing."

"Well she's not 'most people' Dream!" Technoblade yelled back.

"Yea, I got that." Dream responded. "But still, has there ever been a time when this has happened to this degree in your family history?"

Everything went silent for a moment.

"No. There hasn't." Technoblade responded. "Because before all of this war and chaos, y/n lived somewhere where all of this 3 lives shit didn't exist."

"Then why'd you leave?" Dream challenged.

"You don't want an answer to that question." Technoblade responded.

The pair sat in the other room silently for several moments. I needed to somehow alert them that I was okay. Well, as okay as I could be having just been stabbed.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I couldn't make a sound. I carefully looked around me. There was a nightstand next to me. Several tools and bottles of medication were sitting there.

I reached my hand out, which caused some pain. When I thought my hand was outstretched as far I could possibly bare, I realized I wasn't even close to knocking anything off of the counter like I planned.

I dropped my hand in dismay. I guess I'd just have to wait it out until someone came to check on me.

______________________________

"I did it." Quackity said. "She's dead."

"And did anyone see you?" Ranboo asked frantically, pacing back and forth. "Oh yea, that's right! Literally everyone that hates us plus some saw you."

"Get over it." Quackity responded. "They would have known it was me anyways."

"Would they Quackity?" Ranboo asked. "I'm sure that y/n has plenty of enemies that could have done the same thing."

"What are you on about?" Quackity asked, annoyed.

"THERE'S A WAR TOMORROW QUACKITY!" Ranboo shouted. "We have enough enemies without choosing sides. At least, I do."

"Listen Ranboo." Quackity responded. "I've got better things to do than worry about your little rant on choosing sides. I'll have you know I just got away from that green wearing maniac. I'll see you tomorrow."

With that, Quackity walked off into the distance to who knows where.

"Why does everyone choose sides?" Ranboo asked himself.

______________________________

"Her pulse is back, and her condition seems to be stable." A voice echoed from outside.

"So she'll be okay?" Another voice asked.

"I think so." The voice responded. "Although I've never seen anything like this before. We'll have to keep an eye on her for a while. Anyways, I'm going to go help Technoblade gather some supplies, let me know if anything happens."

"Thank you Phil." The other voice responded.

I squinted, once again readjusting to what I presumed to be the afternoon light. Sitting in a chair in the front corner of the room was Dream. He was looking down at the floor, hunched over, hands clasped together.

I turned over slightly. I swallowed hard, before trying to speak.

"Dream?" I managed to get out in a half-hearted whisper. I tried to say something again, but to no avail.

His head shot up to see me. He stood up from the chair he was sitting in, and rushed over the the right hand bedside.

"Holy shit, y/n." Dream said. "We thought you were- well I thought- but- nevermind it doesn't fucking matter. Are you okay?"

I smiled.

"Oh. Right. Yea." Dream said, understanding the strain talking put on my body. He looked around frantically. He grabbed a yellow pad of paper that had several notes scribbled down on it, I assumed it to be for tracking my health, and he flipped the pages over.

He sat it down beside me, with a pen.

I picked it up, uncapping the pen with my teeth. I scribbled down on the paper: Where are we?

Dream looked at the pad of paper for a moment before answering.

"We're at Phil's house. Philza and Technoblade are back at your brother's house getting ready." Dream said.

I wrote beside the preexisting message: War today?

"Yes." Dream responded. "But not for a while."

This made me try and get up, but to no avail. I had to help. I had to do something. I couldn't just lay here during what would decide the fate of L'Manberg.

"No." Dream said, putting his arm around my waist. "You need to stay here and rest. You could get hurt a lot easier in this condition, regardless of how you think your curse works."

I looked at Dream and to the open door of the medical room for a long moment.

"I'm serious, y/n." Dream said. "Your place is here for now. Safe. And if you try to escape you know I'll be there to stop you."

I rolled my eyes and lay back down. I stared at the ceiling for several minutes, before I felt the bed shift, I looked over and saw Dream laying beside me, staring at the ceiling with me.

What a strange man. One minute he's trying to kill me, the next locking me up, and now? Laying beside me staring at the ceiling like we're stargazing or some shit.

I grabbed the pad of paper again and scribbled down another question: Did you kill him?

I was referring to Quackity, and Dream understood. He fidgeted for a moment before looking back at the ceiling.

"No." Dream said. "He got away. But if he shows his face today he's as good as gone."

We laid in silence for several moments, staring at the ceiling.

"Dream?" I managed to whisper again.

"Shhh." He said in a muffled voice. "You need to rest."

I closed my eyes and once again let the embrace of unconsciousness surround me. But this time, I wasn't worried about war and suffering. I shouldn't have been, but for once, I was at peace.

Even if it was momentary. Even if it meant the next time I awoke everything would go to hell.

A/N

Hey guys sorry on the wait, I've been working on two books at once. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Let me know what I should do next. I could have y/n sneak out of the medical room during the war, stay, or have various things happen. It's pretty much set up for anything, so let me know!

Byeeee