Chapter Thirty Four

Third person pov

After Lucas left , Athanese was still blushing from the kiss they shared with each other. His finger tips gently traced his lips as he remembered how Lucas's lips felt against his .

His cheeks turned bright red while remembering it and he wanted to scream out of embarrassment but he couldn't since it was night time. He layed down on the big sofa while burying his head on the soft surface of the couch.

' ahhh !!! What just happened '

Athanese yelled inside his mind as he tried to calm his thoughts

' why did he do that '

Athanese thought as he stood up and leaned against the sofa while his cheeks were still red from the memory

' does he like me ..... ? '

Athanese thought confusedly as he quickly shook his head

' n-no way , right ? '

Athanese thought as he covered his face with his hands .

' but why is my heart racing so fast '

He thought as he placed his hand on his chest while trying to calm down

' ....... Don't think about that idiot now Athanese !! You have tons of work to do '

Athanese thought as he tiredly stood up and went towards at his desk and sat down . While doing work , he got distracted time to time since he would suddenly remember about the kiss out of nowhere .

Athanese suddenly stood up and slammed his hands on the desk , making a loud sound that echoed through his room. He gently slapped his cheeks and walked outside of his room to calm his thoughts

' I was about to fall sleep but Lucas had to come and chase it away '

Athanese thought as he wanted to sleep but couldn't sleep since his brain wouldn't let him to. He was walking towards Athanasia's room to check on her but a realization suddenly hit him.

' Ah ..... She must be asleep and I can teleport '

Athanese thought as he felt dumb and decided to teleport inside her room .

Meanwhile inside Athanasia's room , she was turning around time to time on her bed since she was having hard time sleeping.

' Daddy treated me and Athanese like he used to .... I thought we wouldn't be able to get close unless he gets his memory back  .... '.

Athanasia thought as she mindlessly stared at ceiling

' I spent all these time focusing to survive and trying to be loved ....

Could it be that I really don't know about Daddy as much as I think I do ?

Daddy ascended the throne in order to survive but he faithfully fulfills the duty of an Emperor everyday ....

He may be strict with the nobles but the commoners see him as a wise ruler... Even though he's not a cruel man , he created a massacre in the ruby palace and even forgot to name Athanese .....

He always threatened me when I approached him but whenever me or Athanese talked to him , he never pushed us away ....

Why '

Athanasia thought as tears started to form slowly inside her eyes

' daddy might appear cold but he's not the emperor from the book ... Then why was daddy like that in the novel ?

Was it because of black magic ?

With what daddy said to me , did he felt uncomfortable around the novel's Athanasia ....