Chapter 2: Secrets (part 2)

"The King may not see you at this time

"The King may not see you at this time."

Jiwoo glared at the guard, hands on her hips as she stood there, outside of Taeyong's study. "What do you mean by that?"

The guard shifted his weight between his feet, clearly intimidated by Jiwoo's presence. "The King is currently occupied with a guest. My apologies, Miss-"

"That's ridiculous." Jiwoo exclaimed, cutting the guard off. "I'm Taeyong's royal advisor, I'm pretty sure if he was talking to someone, I would know. So cut the lies and let me in."

Jiwoo stepped forward but the guard moved faster, slipping between her and the door. "I'm sorry, but the King made it clear that he didn't want interruptions from anyone."

"Did I not make myself clear enough?" Jiwoo asked, lifting her hand towards her vare, the silver pin in her hair.

Today must have been the guard's lucky day though, as the door opened, revealing Taeyong. "Jiwoo?"

"See, I told you so." Jiwoo glared at the guard, taking a deep breath before turning towards the young King.

That's when Jiwoo caught sight of the male behind Taeyong, an unexpected guest of the Luminosa palace. She simply stared in shock, unable to get proper words out of her mouth.

What is he doing here?

"It's a good thing you're here." Taeyong said, stepping aside and nodding to Doyoung. "I would appreciate it if you could escort my guest out. Unfortunately, I have another meeting to get to."

Jiwoo wanted to object but it was the King and Taeyong was already beginning to leave, the guard following him. She shook her head, taking a deep breath before staring at Doyoung.

"So I guess you normally like to dress up." Doyoung snickered, motioning to her outfit. It was a sleek gold dress, matched with a pair of heels and her golden necklace. Doyoung, on the other hand, was dressed fairly casually, wearing jeans and a t-shirt with an unbuttoned baby blue shirt over top.

"I live in a castle, this is normal for nobles." Jiwoo replied, turning away. She started making her way down the halls and surprisingly, Doyoung naturally followed.

"I mean, I live in a castle too but I guess the light realms do it differently." Doyoung said, stepping up so he was beside her. This made Jiwoo stop walking, turning towards him.

"What are you doing here?" Jiwoo asked, deciding to be direct. She was done playing with his games, letting him wrap her around his finger. They were in Luminosa, her home realm, and she was not going to let him make a laughing stock out of her.

"I was visiting a friend." Doyoung said, unbothered by her question. "You know, Taeyong and I are quite close."

"No, in fact I don't." Jiwoo replied, crossing her arms. "Since you know, you're from a dark realm."