20

Chapter 20 | Together

Taehyung was sitting on the sofa, biting his nail as his leg bounced up and down from the anxiety. They weren't able to get ahold of you at all.

He wasn't the only one who was worried. The entire pack couldn't sleep, even Yoongi. They did everything they could to find your location but were unsuccessful. They called Minho, who only informed them that two days ago, you had helped Seunghee and Hyojung move into his home. But other than that, even Minho hadn't heard from you.

There were a million things running through his mind. Were you okay? Did you not want to be their mate? Were you still going to move in? Did you hate them? What changed? Did you think being their mate was too dangerous? Did you hate them?

No. He shook his head. He couldn't afford to think like that. Even if he never had a clear chance to have a full honest heart-to-heart conversation with you, from all the stories he heard from Seokjin, Namjoon, and Jimin, he knew that you weren't the lying or manipulative type. He just had to trust that you knew what you were doing and that, with time, you would trust him and his mates enough to rely on them and trust them with your story.

A soft knocking took Taehyung out of his thoughts. He pushed himself off the sofa and walked towards the door. Without even bothering to look through the peephole, he opened the door. His jaw dropped when he saw you standing there with a couple of bags with a soft but teasing smile.

"You know, you should be more cautious about opening your door," you said with a giggle.

Taehyung was frozen on the spot. Unable to believe that you had suddenly appeared after days of radio silence. You had a smile that seemed to light up his dark thoughts, a warmth that only his mates could give him.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" You asked in a teasing tone. When he just stood there frozen, you frowned. Perhaps you had the dates wrong. "I thought today was the day I was supposed to move in. Is it tomorrow? Because if it is I can always-"

Before you could even finish the sentence, Taehyung grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards his chest. He hugged you tightly as he rubbed his nose in your neck. Wanting so badly to scent you. Sadly, for him, you still had on your Scent Blockers.

"You really need to get rid of the Scent Blockers," Taehyung mumbled into your neck, causing you to shiver as his breath and lips tickled your neck.

He couldn't believe that you were there. In person. In front of him. In his arms. All the doubts that ran through his mind completely disappeared. He was so happy and felt so complete that he just allowed himself to enjoy the feeling of your embrace.

"Uh...Taehyung-ssi?" You said softly. "Not that I don't enjoy this, but shouldn't we go inside?"

"Oh, right. Everyone was really worried about you," Taehyung said letting go of their intimate moment.

You slightly winced. "Are they mad?"

"No," he said with a kind smile. "Not mad, just worried."

Then Taehyung took your hand. He noticed how small your hand was and how it seemed to fit perfectly with his. Then he picked up your travel suitcase and assisted you into his home.

As soon as you walked into the house, you saw how homey everything was. It was very welcoming and it smelled so comforting. You felt immediately at home.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Taehyung yelled out, his voice a lot brighter than it had been for the past few days. "Jungkook-ah!"

You heard the patter of feet rushing towards the living room. Then all at once, the sound all stopped. You turned around and smiled when you saw six Hybrids looking at you. They all had dark circles under their eyes. You felt bad immediately knowing that you were the cause of their sleepless nights.  As soon as they saw you, a relieved smile made its way on their faces. All but one. Jimin.