Chapter 3: Reports (part 2)

"Why is this place always freezing?" Chenle groaned, wrapping his arms around him as Lina led him through the halls of the ice castle

"That's because we're in the realm of ice." Lina replied, glaring at the male. "I told you to dress warmly. Plus, it's not the first time you're here and you're the one that begged me to take you away from your home realm."

"That's because it's stressful there." Chenle mumbled under his breath. "All they ever talk about is the potential of war happening in Orenda and beginning to come up with a training plan."

"It's that bad?" Lina couldn't help but blurt out, in shock. Dealain was one of the most peaceful realms, the most peaceful out of all the dark realms. Their focus was on developing the technology of Orenda, and even had a decent relationship with Luminosa. If they were worried about a war starting, then that meant that the war was closer than they expected.

"Apparently." Chenle sighed, before shifting his attention back to Lina. "So what do you have planned for my entertainment today?"

"Is that all you care about?" Lina replied, crossing her arms and stopping in the middle of the halls. Chenle smiled, moving over and grabbing her arm.

"Aw Lina, you know how tired I am, look at the bags under my eyes." Chenle whined with a pout. She gave him a look of disgust and Chenle threw his head back, a loud laugh escaping his lips and echoing down the halls.

"Ah, why do you have to be so loud?" Lina asked, Chenle removing himself from her. She gave him a light smack, only making Chenle laugh even harder.

When he finally calmed down, he looked around, realizing something. "Where's Sona? And Renjun? They normally pop up around now, no?"

Lina bit her lip, feeling exposed by the observation Chenle had made. She stayed quiet, pretending like she didn't hear him.

"Lina." Chenle sang, a big smirk on his face. "I know you can hear me. Did you ask them to leave us alone for the day?"

"Perhaps." Lina mumbled, guiding Chenle to the waiting room she had prepared with Renjun, filled with electronics that the people of Dealain loved to play with whenever they came to visit Eis. "They're annoying, you know."

"Oh, sure they are." Chenle giggled as they entered the room. He turned around, grinning from ear to ear as Lina closed the door behind her.

"What do you want?" Lina asked. Judging the look on his face, he had something up his sleeve and she wasn't sure if she was ready to deal with it.

"Come here." Chenle said, widening his arms.

"You want a hug?" Lina was confused as she approached him, letting the male hold her in his arms.

Chenle shook his head, tapping his cheek. Lina shook her head, leaning towards him to give Chenle a peck on the cheek.

The thing was, Chenle turned his head at the last second and she ended up kissing him on the lips instead, shocking her. Lina instantly moved back, unprepared as she began to feel her cheeks heat up.