Chapter 39: Angel baby [18+]

A/N/: I mean you already know. Enjoy it. 💦

The answer is a lot of things. For starters I managed to spill my drink for the third time tonight on the girl sitting next to me, who ended up being the chick Suki hooked up earlier. If she didn't hate me before now she definitely did.

Her hateful glare accompanied me all the way to the other seat, close to Damian and even though I apologised a million times she seemed to have already decided about my death.

''Oh for God's sake Mila. It's not like it is the first time you get wet in the middle of a room full of people.'' A young guy with beard said, making everyone chuckle beside him.

Mila's cheeks heated up and for a moment I felt bad for her. What is it with men that makes them think they can trash talk about a woman's body or sexuality?

''You wish you were the one getting her wet don't you?'' I wanted to say, but I kept my mouth shut after catching her glaring at me.

Yep. Still a bitch.

After that, I had to endure Damian and his little buddy, or whatever they are, making out right next to me while the people around us were engrossed in different conversations, most of them regarding cars which of course I had no idea.

Then, the couple beside me almost started to dry hump each other, but the disapproving shouts made them finally walk away, leaving me alone on the couch.

Jesus I really wanna go home.

Right when I was about to call Rob and ask him to drive me back, I felt the seat close to me dip and the familiar leather pants came into my view. Sucking in a breathe, I look up, finding her gorgeous face staring at me with a smile.

''You seem miserable.''

''No. I'm just...t-tired?'' I said stuttering.

Very charming of you Daphne.

''Did you enjoy the race?'' She asks, sipping her drink.

''Yeah. I've never been to one before.''

''The first time is always the best.'' She says, looking at the people in front of us.

I take the time to study her, appreciating how beautiful she is.

If I tell her will she think I'm cheesy? She must hear it all the time.

To stop my intrusive thoughts I bite my lip, thinking for another question to continue the awkward exchange between us.

''Are you doing this for a while?''

''A few years.'' She says, turning her whole body towards me and letting me know I have her full attention.

''I started when I was seventeen. Such a kid. I knew nothing about cars. My boyfriend was involved with it and I started coming with him only to please him. Then I fell in love with the speed, the adrenaline rushing to my body when I'm behind the wheel..I ended up ditching the boyfriend, but kept the car. Best decision I've ever made.''

She chuckles, resting her head on the back of the couch, a carefree look on her face and I find myself staring at her in an awe.

She is absolutely amazing. Fuck now I wanna know more.

Reciprocating the stare, we ended up looking at each other closely, faces inches apart.

''What about you?'' She mouths lowly.

''What about me?''

''Who are you?'' She asks in a casual tone and I feel myself swallowing hard.

Fuck if I knew.