🌊 XLVII 🌊

"The ocean has taken more lives than one can count"

47|ISOLDE ONE, STAIRS ZERO

Panting, the girl will definitely yell at the man that she has fallen in love with when she finds him, for he is the one that designed the castle with hundreds upon hundreds of stairs that she has to climb. Not to mention, she will have to speak to her friend that left her in the darkness all by herself. Ahmeya had swum up because something is happening up there that she had to know of and take care of. Leaving the future Queen of the Ocean by herself. Walking up the long staircase that has taken her minutes to go up.

Giving that, the dark haired girl does stop every couple of steps to take a breath, cursing at Thomas while doing so with the little breath that she does have. Wishing that he were here with her, not because she would force him to carry her, but because she can yell at him and call him all the things that a woman of her standing should not say. Though, not once has she acted like a woman of her status and never would she, it is not in her nature and not is Isolde about to argue with her own nature.

The girl had been offered by the ocean nymph to swim with her, but she denied it, then she was given the advice to let the water carry her to the surface. Isolde shook her head at that, for she would not allow the ocean to do all for her, she would want to do it herself. The stubbornness in the girl is far too great for anyone to argue with, and even now when she still has too many steps left, she refuses to let the ocean take her to where she wishes to go. Within her, she can feel that the ocean has asked her.

As if it wanted to ask for her permission to take her anywhere. The ocean is not a dangerous place, rather it is a breathing, and it is calm, and it can even be friendly. It all depends on whom is the one that is in the ocean, it will not smile for just anyone and neither will aid anyone. The ocean may be judgmental, yet only for the ocean can see within the soul, and it can tell who is kind and who should be saved and who should be left to die.

When all that Isolde is worried about is making her way up that staircase she is oblivious to what is truly happening up there, and perhaps in her mind she knows that something is happening up there, something bad which she doesn't know if she wants to enter into. Though, she might not have a choice. Isolde is the true Queen of the ocean, and it is her duty to fight alongside her King for victory and defend the ocean and all life. Her subjects depend on her and even the entire world does, for without water and without the ocean all life would fall.

If the war that is starting were to come to the point where the losing side is Isolde and Poseidon, the ocean will fall, for without them the ocean cannot thrive in the way that it is supposed to. Without the ocean and the water in the world it will not be long until all the other kingdoms were to fall and if they fall then the world all will. It would become the way that it had been before, before the four brothers built the world that one can see now.