49

Ricky Noir

She was right, we didn't love each other. She was always right and she made me see things clearly. We didn't love each other but it's not like we had to, we were better than that. She was right again, I wish she never met me either, I never imagined it would ever get this bad. I wouldn't allow myself the pleasure of beating myself up about it. I really hoped she'd come to visit, I knew she didn't owe me anything, there's no excuse for what I've done, I know that too.

"I don't know her that well but I think she'll come around." Nico tells me, I told him to swing by after my call with Alice, the waiting was killing me and I didn't want the time to pass by without company. I was waiting for her second call, if I would get one at all.

"I don't know. I don't know what she'll do."

Nico was someone I confided in about Alice, he knew her and he looked out for her. It's not like I could ever talk to Theo about this, Razzle too.

"You were in the honeymoon phase when you were together. It's different now, you've hit a bump in the road." Nico explains and I listen. "Like when you said you loved her, you didn't, you were infatuated."

I nodded. "I know, you're right."

"Did Alice say she was coming straight here?"

"No she said she'd give me a call, Razzle's picking her up from the airport." I explained. If I didn't see her today I was unsure of what I'd do next, I can't keep pushing at her.

Nico shrugged, "probably went back to Razzle's place."

"You think?"

"He's her best friend, seems like somewhere she'd go." He shrugged.

"Do I call Razzle?" I was desperate. I would be prying if I were to do so but I was addicted to troubled ideas.

"If you want to, sure. I'm not here to stop you I'm just watching from the sidelines."

"Thanks," I muttered sarcastically and pulled out my phone and dialed Razzle's number.

The phone rang a few times before he picked up. "She's here with me," was the first thing Razzle said. "Do you want to talk to her?"

"Does she want to talk to me?" I reversed the question.

"Figure that out yourself."

I knew Razzle wasn't my biggest fan anymore, he was more protective over Alice than I was. "Is she okay?" I asked softly.

"Is she ever?"

I hated that he said that because it was true. Alice had never been okay or in the right state of mind. I'm almost fully to blame.

"Bring her to my place. If she doesn't want to see me that's fine, only bring her of she wants to."

Razzle hung up the phone and I tossed my phone onto the kitchen counter.

"I'll take off," Nico announced and grabbed his car keys. "Call me if you need me, I hope you don't."

"Yeah thanks for stopping by." I said before he walked out, leaving me alone with my own hate speech in my head.

I was ready to talk to Alice, I felt that I was in a better place and I prayed that I was right. I owe her everything, and everything I will give. I didn't pace around my apartment or anything of the sort, I just patiently waited for her arrival in a content state. I fantasized about her forgiving me but a part of me wishes that she never will, Inshould have to live with the regret.

A sudden banging sounded at my door, I stood calmly and opened it for her. She looked like a different person and that wasn't even including the dark bruise that wrapped around her neck.