twenty-three; battlefield

chapter twenty-three❝ was this mess all your creation? ❞battlefield

was this mess all your creation?
battlefield

━━━━༺❀༻━━━━

"So, Lydia's the one who helped bring you back to life?"

Peter sat down at the table in the cafe with Kennedy, handing her a cup of hot chocolate. He smiled warmly, a smile not many other than Kennedy have seen. "Indeed." He told his daughter.

Kennedy looked down, "Isn't that wrong?" She asked him quietly. She didn't want to go back home after what happened with Scott's mom. But that meant she didn't know where to go.

"Maybe." Peter said shortly, "But I'd do anything for my daughter." He says, putting his hands over Kennedy's. The girl looked up at her father, a smile slowly spreading on to her face. She had her dad back, and it felt good.

It was an adjustment; all things considered. Kennedy sighed as she thought about Ben Stallard, who was officially gone forever. "My other dad, Ben," Kennedy glanced up, watching Peter visibly tense up as she spoke. "He was murdered by Matt."

Peter nodded, "So I heard." He mumbled. Kennedy sighed in thought. "There is so much you don't know, Kennedy. Things your mother was never able to tell you." Kennedy looked back at Peter in confusion.

"Like what?" Kennedy asked. Peter sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"Time will come."

༺❀༻

Days had passed, and Kennedy finally made it back to the McCall house. Ben's funeral was simple and quiet. Kennedy made sure only herself and Peter were there. It was strange for her, knowing that not only had he been lying to her, but he was the reason hunters were back in Beacon Hills. Spending a few silent days with Peter felt rather calming. She didn't trust him, no matter how much she wanted to. Peter had done bad things, horrible things, that Kennedy couldn't forgive. As much as she hated it, Kennedy knew something was going on. She just didn't know what.

She walked into Scott's bedroom, hearing the water running. She nonchalantly swung open the door, looking at herself in the mirror.

"What the-" Scott nearly jumps out of the shower in confusion, stopping when he sees Kennedy staring at her own reflection. "Kenny!? I'm naked!"

Kennedy rolled her eyes, "Are we not going to talk about ninth grade?" She inquired sarcastically. Scott blinked at her in realization.

"No." He mumbles. The Stallard nods as Scott wraps himself in a towel. He steps around her awkwardly, grabbing his deodorant. "You know, if this happened like, four months ago, I would be freaking out."