17

"come on, nono!"

"come on, nono!"

the boy yelled at his friend, urging him to follow his lead as they stepped through the forest ahead. the younger male huffed as he struggled to keep up with the energetic canadian, sweat glistening on his forehead as the sun beamed down at them with all its might.

"don't call me that...", he murmured under his breath, scowling once he noticed the teasing look in his friend's eyes. the older boy's lips curled up into a smirk as he placed his leg on a fairly big rock, his tall physique giving him the ability to do so. he stared at the younger with fondness in his eyes, struggling to contain his laughter as he watched jeno kick a pebble down the stream in frustration.

"shit, what did that poor rock do to you?"

he finally let it slip past his lips, the hearty chuckles making their way into jeno's ears. jeno bit at the inside of his cheek, forcing an annoyed look as he desperately held on to any bits of frustration left in him. he had to appear angry in front of the other because his pride simply wouldn't let him smile.

jeno never really smiled.

and he sure as hell wouldn't do it in front of mark.

"ha-ha. real funny, minhyung.",
he smirked as he watched the fourteen year old's expression change from teasing to 'i'm about to rip your face off'. mark never particularly liked his korean name, finding it odd and distant seeing as he spent most of his childhood in canada.

"that's low, lee. even for you."

mark spat, gaze darkening as he stared at the shirtless thirteen year old. his eyes briefly skimmed over the boy's surprisingly defined abs, watching the many droplets of sweat drip down the pale skin as they raced each other all the way down to his shorts. he forced himself to look back up, ignoring the strange fire burning up in his stomach only to lock eyes with a still smirking jeno.

"oh yeah? do something about it, then."

jeno was a bit shocked at his own words, never having gone up against mark like this before. usually he would just let the male lead him wherever, finding no use in trying to persuade the older into something he clearly didn't want. there was a sense of pride swelling up in his heart as he felt the confidence practically drip from his form.

"you sure? you know i won't be going easy on you."

mark retorted, feeling intrigued yet slightly terrified of this newfound confidence jeno had gained so suddenly. his eyes once again went where they shouldn't, his teenage hormones acting up as he watched jeno take off his shorts. the male was now left in only boxers, one leg already stepping inside the clear water below them.

"oh, fuck!", he hissed, feeling the cold stream liquid licking up his exposed thighs. he let out a soft chuckle, eyes slightly crinkling as he looked up at mark with eyes full of excitement. it was rare to see jeno act like a kid, despite his young age and youthful appearance.