NINE

I actually liked hanging out with Carter last night

It truly didn't feel like a date. There was absolutely no pressure or anything like that at all. Maybe because we've been friends for so long, it just felt easy. It was very familiar.

We talked a lot about work, talked about Paola, Ryan, and their wedding. Got to know each other a bit more. The conversations weren't as deep since we've been getting to know each other for the past year.

However, with that being said, could I still see him as a romantic partner? I'm not sure. But I wouldn't mind hanging out again.

While spending time at work, I decided that I needed to get out and maybe get some fresh air, walk around a bit.

Carter had called out of work. Apparently, he had gotten food poisoning or something at the restaurant we went to. He took me to a new restaurant called 'Ashton's' that was being renovated for the last couple of years.

It had finally opened two weeks before our date and he had been really excited. Not sure what happened especially since we had the same meal. Maybe it was something he ate beforehand.

As I walked around, I decided to head into a nearby coffee shop to get a Cinnamon Spice Latte before I head back into my office. I had no meetings or anything planned so I was very free today and I just felt like having this time to myself.

Especially since Justine and Paola didn't let me sleep after the date so that we could stay up and talk about what happened before I even left the house.

Carter was supposed to stay downstairs but he came up yesterday because he wanted to bring me my roses. Literally, my worst fear happened because the last thing I wanted was for Jesse to know I was dating. Especially when he has been so direct in how he's been speaking to me since he got released.

He's blunter, never really tries to sugarcoat things anymore, and yeah he's always been that way but it's like...times 10 now that he's back.

I still don't know why he was going to tell Carter that we used to fuck. It was only that one time. But I realized that he was only doing it to get more of a rise out of me rather than Carter.

When I got back inside the building, I took the necessary elevator route to get upstairs. I walk in the direction towards my office and I look at Leslie's empty secretary desk. The time for her break literally started just now...so she left right after I did.

I won't get too angry because she is my friend but I will talk to her about leaving the office unattended since we both weren't here. I just hope I didn't miss any phone calls.

With my phone in one hand and the cardboard coffee cup holder holding my own drink and the one I bought for Leslie in the other, I turn around and press my back up against the door to open it wide. I'm met with the large four windows behind my desk along with my desk chair being turned around to face the windows...which wasn't how I left it.