𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 11

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"He likes you."

"Haha. Very funny. That's not possible."

"Seriously y/n. Oikawa likes you!"

"I actually have very high doubts about that," you say, sighing to the two guys in front of you, Matsukawa and Hanamaki.

It has been one week since the picnic between you and Oikawa happened. After that day, the team had been preoccupied with practice and practice all day long. Only today, Monday, that you're finally free to hang out with your friends and take a break from the sport. Unfortunately, Oikawa has to take care of his nephew today while Iwaizumi is busy running errands for his father, so the ones who are here with you are only the two other third years.

Though Oikawa had asked you to take care of Takeru with him today, you couldn't. Hanamaki would've been really mad if you ditched him and Matsukawa to go with Oikawa.

You've also told them about what had happened so far with you and Oikawa, and they are full of eagerness and excitement to say that he definitely has feelings for you.

"I'm sure of what I said!"

"Ew, what the fuck Makki. That's disgusting!!" You scream when the pink-haired throws a piece of french fries covered in ketchup at you and it lands perfectly on your nose

"You're sure but I'm not sure! I don't know if... he really likes me or what. He didn't admit nor did he even say that the picnic was a date and he still calls me a friend." You roll your eyes annoyingly.

"Y/n, we're his friends too and Oikawa never once asked us to go on a picnic together. Not alone, not as a group, not with Iwaizumi, but he chose to go with you. He even said he cares about you. All friends care for each other, but do you really think he's caring for you as a friend?" Matsukawa says after being quiet for a while, eyes focusing on his game switch but his thoughts seem to be on your story.

"Matsukawa has a point. Maybe after all these years he finally likes you back, who knows?"

"Ugh, that's the problem. I don't know what he's thinking and I don't dare to ask. Sometimes I'm scared and I don't need to hear his 'no' or 'never' again for the millionth time, okay? And I want to give him time to... maybe think about it, too," you say everything quickly and end it with a huff. The fear of getting rejected again keeps creeping into your mind all week, and although it's expectable, it doesn't mean you don't feel hurt when he rejects you.

"Do you think there's a chance that he still loves... Sakaoma?" You mutter softly, looking down at the floor. The boys look at each other with hesitation in their eyes. As much as they want to deny in order to cheer you on, they have no idea what Oikawa and his stubbornness might actually be thinking, and saying the wrong thing may only result in needless hope for you.