Chapter 12

The four of us sat together, quietly eating. None of them spoke a word. It was more silent than usual. Usually the three talked amongst eachother but it was..roughly quiet, not even a squeak was heard. I decided to speak up, tired of hearing barely anything.

"Why are you guys so quiet?" I asked, looking up from my plate to the three of them, with a questioning look on my face.

Only the wind from the far windows making a slight noise as they looked to me and then back to their plates. I could tell something was up. 'Did..they hear about the accident earlier?' I wondered.

My jaw ticked, and I shut my eyes for a moment. I was getting more and more irritated. If they knew about the accident, why aren't they speaking up about it? Or at least speaking to me?

It was like everything stilled for a second. Not a peep came from them or from myself. Not even a breath. It's like the wind even stopped..

I slammed my fists on the table and looked back up to them.
"I know somethings bothering all three of you. If you aren't going to speak about anything, then I'm going." I spoke out of my gritted teeth, now annoyed.

I pushed out of the chair I was sitting in, standing up and walking away from the table, utterly pissed off. I'm already posed off from today as it is.

I pushed the massive wood dining doors open and walked out of the room.

                                           ~

I shook my head, wandering aimlessly around the halls, looking for something to do to waste time instead of having to go back to quietness.

I tried calming down, breathing in and out to calm myself. Stepping towards a window in the hallway, I looked out of it, spotting lights below from the small town inside the castle's walls. It was looking to be late, night time-ish, but people were still walking about, most likely heading back to their loved ones.

I decided this was my chance to go and practice my magic's.
I haven't used it since the first day I met the kings. Even then..it was pretty rusty.

Remembering back when I was little,  I didn't have the best memory about my past, all I knew is that I had some sort of magic. From where? I don't really know.. Someone taught me I suppose. I never really understood where I got it from. I'm no hybrid..and definitely not royal blood. My past back then was scratchy.. all I remember was a couple snippets of my past.

I shook my head again, trying to get out of my thoughts. It seems like I'm getting stuck in them a lot lately..

I moved my head away from the window, now looking on ahead. I began walking at a faster pace, my head lowered as I headed towards the near by forest. Sure..it wasn't inside the castle..but technically it was near it.
I know Dream and the others told me that I was only allowed to stay inside the castle walls for right now but, what can a little practicing outside do?

                                          ~

It was darker out by the time I stepped foot out onto the grass, the trees a-lining the area around me. I looked above, looking at the night sky. It reminded me of Ranboo's tower earlier, but more life-like. It was still beautiful..

Looking about, I saw sticks and bushes scattering the ground. I kept walking into the forest, searching to find a clean area to practice.

I turned my head around, seeking, until I found a spot I could hangout on.

I jogged over to the space, it seeming to be perfect.

Once I got there, I sat down, crisscrossing my legs. I moved my hands into my lap, my palms facing upwards.