18

A/N thank you for 2k reads <3

"...which ultimately results in severe blood loss and, well, death.", mr. eun, jeno's anatomy professor concluded with a sigh of exhaustion. his dark eyes peered at the many rows of chairs filled with students desperately trying to stay awake and pay attention.

some of them were failing miserably, seeing as there were loud snores coming from the back of the classroom. jeno was seated at the very front, chin in his palm as he looked outside the window. a flock of birds caught his attention, so much so he competely missed the old professor's dismissal.

soon enough, students started pouring out of their respective classrooms and into the halls. many young people- ranging from 18 year olds to those in their mid 20s- met up with their friends as they went off to grab a cup of coffee after a long day of studies.

jeno, however, was still seated in his seat.

eyes longingly staring at the free animals chirping around.

"lee jeno!"

mr. eun's voice snapped him out of his daze. said boy looked up, feeling himself burn in embarassment as he noticed the confused and judgy look in the professor's eyes. literally no one ever stayed in the classrom after his sessions were done, causing the old man to grow concerned to see his top student look so distant.

"you called for me, sir?", jeno inquired as he threw his satchel over his shoulder, inching closer to the man. he stared directly into his eyes, confidence oozing off of him as he stood up straight. he could feel mr. eun's eyes studying him carefully, as if he was some kind of weird expirement the man had never seen before.

"yes, i did. actually, i've been wondering...", the professor trailed off, unsure if he should even come to such conclusions, let alone voice them. "have you been feeling well?", he opted to ask, deciding it was a fair question which couldn't be considered as intrusive.

"whatever do you mean?", jeno furrowed his brows in confusion, wondering how the hell his professor sensed he wasn't, in fact, feeling well. not at all. unbeknowst to him, mr. eun had noticed the way jeno's eyes kept closing during his recent sessions. he also took notice of the huge bags under his eyes, and being the anatomy expert he was, the professor knew it was due to lack of sleep and probably stress as well.

although it didn't take an expert to figure out jeno was mentally drained at the moment.

"come on, jeno. you've been my top student for two years now and you think i don't notice you dozing off at my recent lessons?", mr. eun stated, giving jeno a knowing look. he sighed inwardly as he watched the male's shoulders visibly slump for a split second before returning to their natural straight position.

"oh."

was all jeno managed to utter.

"yeah, oh. anyways, i didn't wanna comment on it because i figured you were just tired or something but now it's actually beginning to concern me. so let me ask you again.", the man stepped closer, placing a comforting hand on jeno's shoulder.