Where is my mind?

Third POV

Everyone stayed quiet as Ella restrained her powers back and she cleared her throat

Everyone stayed quiet as Ella restrained her powers back and she cleared her throat. She turned on her heel and walked to her mother without a smile.

"I hope you know that I'm not always going to be there to be your patrol. Do better." Ella said annoyed, she walked around her mother and left to her room.

As she got to her room, she couldn't help but feel, bitter. Everyone had worked so hard to get rid of Jeanine and all of her minions, but her mother was acting the same way as her. This put a damper on their relationship.

Ella opened her door walking in and sat on the chair by her table that was covered in papers. Most of them being random sketches she created those sleepless nights.

Out of nowhere, a gun goes off.

She slightly flinched at the sound and glanced over her shoulder at the door. An expression of disgust formed on her face and she let out a sigh, she rested her elbows on the table and planted her face on her warm hands.

"Feeling stuck?" Eric asked as he closed the door behind him. Ella not noticing he came in made her move her face from her hands and he goes around to sit next to her. "We overthrow one dictator just to receive another one." She responded and crossed her arms then leaned back on the chair. "I'm just...I'm tired." She added then looked at him and noticed how tired he looked as well. The bags under his eyes were very noticeable.

"I'm such an idiot. This whole time I'm complaining about my problems that I didn't even see you are struggling as well." She pointed out. He shook his head and swallowed then looked down at his feet.

"Eric, I'm sorry." She apologized.

He picked up his head and looked into her eyes.

"I killed 38 people, Ella." He said out of the blue, she became stiff and he leaned back on his chair as he began to bounce his foot that was filled with anxiety. "38 innocent people. Every time I close my eyes, I just see their faces and..." Eric takes in a shaky breath and felt a knot in his throat. "I can't sleep. I just feel guilty for all the pain I caused and I wish I could go back in time to stop it. All of it." He said fighting back the tears.

Before Ella could respond, Steve barged in and Eric quickly stood up to look out the window. Steve looked at him confused and went back to talk to Ella.

"Uhh, Ella, Four is looking for you." Steve said to her. She nodded and glanced at Eric who had his back facing her, she let out a sigh and walked out.

Steve stayed behind and Eric turned around to look at him with arms crossed.

"How do you do it?" Eric asked him, Steve raised an eyebrow and Eric gestured to Steve's body. "How are you so optimistic?" He elaborated, Steve put his hands behind his back and shrugged. "I just like to put positive feedback out there since no one else is likely to give it." He answered, Eric nodded and cleared his throat. "Eric, what's wrong? I can tell something is bothering you." Steve questioned worriedly.