Chapter Thirty Seven

Newt had left on the boat three days ago to New York City. Eleanor sat by the fire with her journal and doodled pictures of Shep as he slept on the floor beside her. She had been pretty lonely without Newt present, but she had gotten some things done around the place that she normally wouldn't have done with him there. She felt awkward decorating the place with her stuff, but she added pictures of her old friends around the living area and placed her books along the bookshelves. 

Newt would be in New York in about twelve hours and her portkey left in six hours from Greenwich. She had packed everything she would need in Newts suitcase, but had used an extension charm on her own purse for last minute items and snacks, of course. She had been having some severe unusual cravings the last few days, but was too scared to bring it up to Newt. She made an appointment with the doctor today and she left her home and headed to see Dr. Metucci. 

"Good afternoon Eleanor. I hope you're feeling better these days. What brings you in?" He asked while walking into the room with a clipboard. 

"Dr. Metucci, it's nice to see you again. I am feeling much better since the accident. Much, much better actually. I um, well I believe I might be pregnant." She stuttered a bit, but kept her head high. 

"I see, lift up your blouse for me dear." He said while taking out his wand. Eleanor listened and picked up her blouse and the doctor traced his wand around her stomach and let it rest where on her abdomen area while muttering something under his breath. A white glow came out of his wand and he took it away. 

"Just as suspected Eleanor. Pregnant! Congratulations!" Dr. Metucci said and fastened his wand away. "Now let's talk about what's next."

Eleanor was still in shock that she actually had a little human inside of her at this very moment. How was Newt going to react? Would he want children? Surely, they've talked about it before, but she didn't realize how soon this was all going to happen. Was she going to be able to travel by portkey? Or travel at all?

"So here are some prenatal vitamins that you're going to have to take. You'll have to be more mindful of your diet as well. No alcohol obviously. Stay away from seafood, cheese, and really anything that could give you salmonella. I want you to track your blood pressure and let your body rest when it needs to. Eight hours is very important." He rambled on a bit and Eleanor tried her best to stay focused and remember everything he was saying. 

"Now I understand you travel a lot?" He asked and that caught her attention. 

"Yes, I'm supposed to be leaving today by portkey to America." She admitted. 

"Hmm. It is still early, you're about two months along. Portkey now should be alright, but after four months you won't be able to do that. Alright?" He asked and she nodded. "Questions? Concerns?"

"I can't think of any right now." She said. 

"If you think of any, please owl me. Here's a book for you to read over. It might answer questions you didn't even know you had. I'll see you back here in one month from now for a check up." He said and hung her chart up, bid her a good day, and walked out. Merlins beard, she still couldn't wrap her head around the fact she was pregnant! She walked out of the office and apparated to Diagon Alley. Wait... should she be apparating? Maybe she'll find out with the book later. She had about 3 hours till her portkey left, so she stopped by her favorite ice cream shop to order a double scoop of sticky toffee ice cream.

After her cone, she headed back to her home just in time to see Bunty appear at the front step. 

"Bunty! How are you?" Eleanor said and hugged her as she let herself in. 

"Very well, wish it would cool down outside though. My hair is a frizzy mess! How are you Eleanor? You look great! You're glowing actually!" She giggled while stepping away from her. Her and Bunty had been getting along really well and have gotten to know each other pretty decently the last couple of weeks.