Eleven

A/N: This next chapter is gonna get a little dark. It's going to mention child prostitution and slight child endangerment so if anyone is uncomfortable with that then feel free to skip this chapter or at least the flashbacks.

Flashback

Before joining the Scouts, before getting teleported to the Jujutsu World, Lucy Ackerman along with Levi had to do the most unthinkable to be able to survive the Underground City. All though, it never was supposed to be like that. If it wasn't for that day, Lucy and Levi would have died a long time ago.

Levi, 11, was cradling Lucy's, 6, head near his chest while they sat quietly at the corner. Their mother,  Kutchel, died almost a few weeks ago. They didn't know what happened. They found their mother in her bed not moving when they tried to wake her up. None of them shed a tear tho, and neither of them left Kutchel's bedside since.

Levi did his best to take care of Lucy. He tried to ration up whatever food they had left but it wasn't much. It didn't matter though. Lucy starved herself as she sat close to Kutchel's bed. Levi kept offering Lucy some of his rations but the girl would turn her head and ignore him. Lucy hasn't spoken much since they found the body. Her mind and body were in complete shock. Levi knew he had to keep a close eye on his sister. He didn't want to lose the only family member he's got left.

The kids sat quietly. Levi was cradling Lucy's head close to his chest so she wouldn't have to keep staring at the corpse. Lucy's ear rested over Levi's heard. The girl clinging onto him in fear that one day she won't be able to hear his heartbeat. She wasn't sure what she would have done if that were to happen and she didn't want to find out.

The siblings heard the door opening but made no move to greet their visitor. Levi pulled Lucy closer to him once he felt her stiffen. He laid his head on top of hers while the surprised guest walked up to Kutchel's bed.

"You look rough," the stranger said as he looked at the body, not knowing of her passing. "Damn. Have you lost some weight? You're like a skeleton." He didn't get a response. "Hey, Kutchel?"

"She's dead," Levi spoke weakly.

"Huh?" Kenny Ackerman grunted as he finally realized he's not alone in the room. Levi slowly looked up, tightening his arms around Lucy. Kenny first noticed how pale and sickly looking the kids are. Practically nothing but skin and bones. "And you two? Are you alive?" Levi stayed quiet. "Ahh, give me a break. You're not deaf, are ya? Can either one of ya hear me or can't cha? You two got a name?"

"Levi." Lucy slowly turned her head and took a peek at Kenny. "She's Lucy." Levi pulled Lucy closer. "It's just Levi and Lucy."

Kenny dropped his briefcase before leaning against the wall. He slid just slightly as he let out a hmm. "I get it, Kutchel," he said to the corpse. "That's probably a good call. The family name did you no favors." Kenny slid down further until he was finally sitting. "Well, I'm Kenny. That's my only name. Me and your mother knew each other. It's nice to meet cha."

Kenny couldn't leave his sister's kids to die. Not in a tragic place like that. Kenny wasn't sure what came over him and took the kids. The first thing he did was to get them some food. Levi didn't hesitate and scarfed down the loaves of bread Kenny got them. He glanced at his sister to see that she hasn't taken a bite from hers. Kenny watched as Levi reached over and tore a small piece before holding it in front of Lucy's mouth.

"You gotta eat, Lucy," he said.

Kenny raised his brow as the girl tilted her head away. "What's wrong with her? She a mute or something?"