Salvation

A/N:

Hey! I know I have been on haitus for a while, but here is "Salvation."

Just a warning there is semi- religious topics in this chapter, such as with the catholic religion, I changed the idea of a confession booth to fit in with the Attack On Titan Universe, so if you are uncomfortable with mild religious topics, you might not want to read this chapter.

This doesn't go with the exact timeline of Attack on Titan though it does cover Season 3, so Season 3 spoilers. This also doesn't go exactly along with religion as well, so parts of religion based parts could be fiction, or a bend from religion in our world.

As always the music is there for you to enjoy!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the bustling streets of Wall Sina, through marketplace, the buzzing of crowds singing through the air. I sat in the cool booth, encased in wood at both sides, closed into a small stall as I wait for the next person to come by.

I was a priest, or a priests assistant, and during the day, or strange occurrences into the night, I would sit in the confession booth to hear the divulgence of others.

I listened to their woes and gave them reconciliation, the most popular of sins was stealing, lying for small misdemeanors, and cheating of the wives or husbands. With the last one I would usually grit my teeth and move on, giving them forgiveness, and continue on with my day, sitting in the confession booth.

Today I have had two men come in and confess, one of them confessed to stealing produce from a merchant, and the other, not surprisingly confessed to cheating on his wife with her best friend no less, both I waved off into forgiveness and repentance.

Since today was a slow day, I listened to the sounds outdoors to hear silence and deducted it was already nightfall, I got ready to get out of the booth, end my day, until I heard a click of the booth door sliding open and a shadow in the grate slab.

I settled back into the wooden seat and faced the slate, hearing the other person rustle a bit, regaining my composure I asked,

"What is that you confess today?"

I heard a male voice clear his throat and he asked,

"Is everything said here confidential?"

"Yes," I answered, his voice ringing through my ears, it was the most beautiful one that I had ever heard, smoother than silk, dark and velvety.

"Everything you say is through me and to the deity above."

I heard him scoff at my words, and I frowned at his reaction, and I heard him speak in his soft, clear voice again.

"I watched my uncle die and may have even aided in his death."

Silence.

Throughout my years, I have never had to pause, yet when I heard his confession, I did. How could someone with such a beautiful voice do something so cruel?

"Do you believe that you have done anything wrong?"

A pause.

"No."

"Why do you believe that?" I asked, wondering why he would come to a confession booth, without the willingness to proclaim his own actions.

A pause again, this time more prominent.

"This world brings nothing but pain and grief, each retched day, we are all doomed to live and sin, die and be forgotten."

"The repetition of disappointment."