Chapter 17: 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝒫𝒶𝒸𝓀𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝒯𝓌𝑜 𝒟𝒶𝓎𝓈

Years Packed Into Two Days

Breakfast was delicious as always, with fresh fruit, eggs, and dried meats. Lady Sif and the remaining Warriors had been in the dining hall before we had arrived. They asked after Fandral, having not been able to find him again this morning. Thor broke the news to them about him being an imposter and told them of the events that had taken place the other day. Right as Thor finished, Loki walked in, and, to my surprise, Dúfa followed close behind. They both carried books in their arms, Loki placing them on the table rather loudly.

Thor's friends did not look so happy to see either of them, though Hogun rather quickly pulled a chair out for Dúfa to sit next to him. Dúfa thanked him quietly and the man responded with a simple nod of the head before sitting back down.

Freya looked between the two, a cheeky smile on her face. Before Freya could speak, Hogun shot her a look, seeming to know what she was about to say. "You've finally graced us with your presence, Loki," Volstagg spoke flatly as Loki pulled out A History Of the Universe and flipped to the drawing that depicted the Battle Against Hel.

"Against my wishes. I took it upon myself to invite Dúfa to our little meeting, seeing as we will need more than one magic-user for this little venture." Dúfa placed her books on the table before her, hardly lifting her eyes to look at us. She seemed like a completely different woman from when I last saw her two days ago. She hadn't been the most talkative, but she hadn't been this shy--no, this submissive. I think it had to do something with Sif, Volstagg, and Hogun; though Hogun seemed very interested in the women. "Thor has told you of yesterday and poor Fandral's fate I take it?"

"You weasel. Fandral is not dead." Sif hissed, clenching her fist. Loki ignored her.

"Yes, I have. Now tell us about this sword, Brisingamen." Loki did. He told them of Freyja and how she, with the help of Odin, locked the Queen of Hel away, giving Rïolk full access to take the throne--full access to control of the demons in that world.

Thor then went on to tell them who Rïolk was, Malekith's son and Freya's father. The fact that Freya was half Dark Elf seemed to unsettle Sif and Volstagg, who stared at Freya. Freya seemed just as unsettled as she stared back at them--her powers. She could feel what they were feeling. I nearly stood, but Loki spoke before I did.

"Freya's lineage has no effect on who she is. Her father wishes to harm her, while Freya could hardly hurt a fly without feeling sorry for the pitiful creature." He hissed their way.

"No, no. Of course not. We are merely surprised--she does not look like any Dark Elf I've laid eyes on." Volstagg said, smiling Freya's way. Freya smiled back, going back to her normal happy-go-lucky self. My anger cooled the slightest bit, but I kept a watchful eye. 

"How is this sword, Brisingamen, going to help us defeat Rïolk? Can normal weapons not harm him?" Sif asked.

"Would you like to show up at the newly crowned King of Hel's doorstep without the weapon that will most definitely win us victory? Or would you like to go in completely blind?"

"No, but--"

"Then listen. This is what is going to happen." Loki looked to Dúfa and nodded her way. The woman cut a quick glance at the other Asgardians before, flipping open one of her books.

"We will find Brisingamen on Niflheim, but because of this, we will need to be careful and fast. We do not want to end up caught by Rïolk and his demons. The records on what happened to the sword are a bit foggy, but I think we can find it here." She flipped the book around to show us the page. There were no pictures on this one, but she pointed to the title. "The Pool of Obsidian. It is guarded by sirens and located in the deepest cave on Niflheim." She opened another book, this time it showed a map. Dúfa pointed to a mountain range.