Chapter 1: Born

[Unknown]

It's dark around me. That's all I know.

I don't know when I was here. I can't feel anything, or any living thing around, I don't even remember who I am. The only thing I know is that I was once, a human.

Everything is dark...

The room was so quiet it was terrifying, I realized I couldn't hear, speak, see, or even move.

I don't even know how long I've been here. It made me start to doubt my own existence, whether I was real or not. And then, a voice resounded. Gradually, their voice became clearer. Their voice was high pitched, soft. The voice broke the silence around me. Is that my mother?

"Heyyy, is anyone there?"

'I want to say Yes, I tried to say but I can't.'

"There's no need to try to speak. I can hear you thanks to telepathy."

'Oh, that's very good. Then, who is that person? Is that person my mother?'

"No!"

'So a dad?'

"Not really! But can it be called that...I don't know how else to put it, even though it's true...isn't it?"

'Its a mom then! The voice of such a person! Where are you, why can't I see you!!'

I'm confused, and also a little panicked, trying to move.

"W-Hey hey hey! You'll Fall! Don't worry! Don't worry, I won't leave you. Im carrying you, and I'm not your mother. Okay?"

Hearing these words, I feel quite sure

'That person is clearly my mother!'

"I told you i wasn't... Well whatever, call me whatever you want. Can you see me?"

'No...'

"Okay, listen. I will only teach you one skill, {Magic Sense}. Once you have it, you will be able to see it, so you should do as I say."

Oh, that's right. I can feel this energy flowing around me. Suddenly a mechanical voice came out:

⟨⟨Do you want the subject of [Anonymous] to learn the {Magic Sense} Skill? YES/NO⟩⟩

Oh, that surprised me. Where did that sound come from? Can it be trusted? I also felt that Mother was also surprised.

Anyway I want to try, I choose "YES". Then the current was sucked in by me, my surroundings were brighter, but still dark. Maybe because it's late night? I looked around curiously, I saw something blue and round, maybe it was Mother?