Ch 318: The Island

"Haha, what did I said," Matoimaru laughed, "In a seaside town how can one not find a boat."

"Be quiet!" Frostleaf said to Matoimaru in a whispered voice, "Keep it down! People might hear you!"

"Oh, hehe," Matoimaru laughed back in a much quieter tone, "Sorry."

Just as she said, in the small town of Harlan, there was definitely no shortage of boats. They found one by the sea less than ten minutes away. Although it was a small boat, it was more than enough for five people.

"We haven't been found yet?" Lin Ye asked Blue Poison.

"Well, no," She replied, "There are no soldiers in this area."

"Because no one would have thought that we would go to the sea at this time," Frostleaf shrugged, "Do you know how to row a boat? Cause I don't."

"Don't worry," Matoimaru said with a smile, "I can do the all physical work."

Lin Ye looked at the dark sea.

By the time they managed to find and enter the boat, it was already 9:27 in the evening. Even though it wasn't that late, the surrounding area was already so dark, almost as if signifying that it was always night here no matter the time. What was even worse was that it was starting to rain. It was obvious that this was a bad time to head out to the sea. There was a clear depressing atmosphere starting to spread through the group.

"Get on the boat," Magallan said in a low voice, "Go early, return early. In this kind of weather, as long as we leave the coast, the soldiers will not be able to see us".

Everyone nodded and pushed the boat off together into the water. Then they boarded the boat one after another. The boat was slowly rowed away from the coast of the town with Blue Poison and Matoimaru rowing the boat together. Lin Ye didn't know much about the ocean. The waves fluctuated greatly, constantly rocking the boat, meaning that everyone needed to be alert if the boat ever looked to tip over.

"Southeast...About two kilometers," Magallan said while looking at her phone, "Miss Skadi's communicator still has a signal."

"Understood," Blue Poison and Matoimaru rowed forward under Magallan's guidance. Lin Ye couldn't do much to help out, so he kept quiet.

Just before leaving the coast, he looked back at the town of Harlan, and then suddenly saw an orange light from the corner of his eye flashing away. He couldn't help but be stunned by this.

"What's the matter?" Frostleaf noticed Lin Ye's gaze and asked, "What are you looking at?".

"There," Lin Ye pointed to the shore and said, "It looked like there was a person standing there just now".

"Someone?" She immediately followed Lin Ye's finger, but she couldn't see anything. The only thing there was the ever-present darkness, "Really? Why don't I see anyone."

Lin Ye was also a little unsure "Maybe I was wrong."

Frostleaf was silent for a while and then said "It's hard to tell. There may have been someone."

Lin Ye looked at her.

The Vulpo shrugged "But we can't turn back anymore, can we? Now that we have already decided, we can only pray that it was not the people from Ursus".

Lin Ye thought for a while and felt her words made sense. Even if someone really discovered them, it was absolutely impossible to turn back at this point. Even if it was just a glimpse, Lin Ye was sure that the other party was not a soldier. The reason he believed this was because the mysterious figure was a woman.