Chapter 3: a Peaceful day?

It was a beautiful sunny day, our city is now more complete than before.

It had been 3 days since mother named Gabiru and his group, Gabiru is now under her command.

I don't know what crime they committed to make Shion want to cut them to pieces like that, her face showed a happy smile and said, "God cut them!" really... so scary! Now Gabiru and the others were given the task of growing Hipokute - a grass that only grew with a dense magicule density.

And now, I'm going to Hakurou-sensei's place

I've been out like this several times in the past, but not alone, but with a guardian. Because sometimes, some greedy goblins want to rob the city so they attack me. Of course they were taught a lesson by Shion or Souei.

I didn't want to be protected like that, that's why I went to Hakurou-sensei's place

Today I came to train with Gobta's group. He looked so pitiful, bruises all over his body, his opponent was Hakurou-sensei. I threw him some healing potions

This time, Hakurou-sensei's training was a duel. We will pair up to fight, remove the opponent from the line. When there was only one person left, that person would fight Hakurou head-on. Everyone knew, not a single student could beat or match him. Taking advantage of that, Gobta turned around to provoke me.

"Geez, that's not Lylas-sama is it -tsu? Why don't you join us, or because you're not as good as me in martial arts -tsu? If so then you must have a good Gobta here -tsu!"

Okay, Gobta managed to piss me off. I changed my shape

"Huh, do you think you're the only one learning kendo?! So I'll join!"

Since he already knows the result, Gobta is happy

"It's okay, I won't lose to you -tsu"

"Oh, I lost -tsu!"

"???"

Did he just admit defeat at the start of the match??

(Big question mark above my head)

Oh no, I forgot about Hakurou's duel! Aaaah, how's this?!

(Wait, as long as I admit defeat, I'm out. I'm a genius!)

But life isn't that simple, they all give up before I admit defeat?!? Hey! You guys colluded to bully me right?!

Hakurou-sensei gave me a gentle smile, and along with a sinister feeling down my spine.

"L-Looking forward to your teaching..."

"Me too, Lylas-sama."

When we both hesitated for a moment, I attacked first, Hakurou was still standing there. Just as the sword was about to reach Hakurou, he disappeared?! Where?!?

(Above!)

I reacted immediately, changing the direction of Hakurou-sensei's slash towards the ground. The slash was very strong, causing the ground to crack, if I was hit by this attack, I would lose damage. Only this proved that he had not given up in the slightest. Fair teacher.

After all, I don't know what I was doing in my previous life, I've experienced standing on a rope between life and death so many times it's not too surprising. But there was a strange feeling in my heart, a feeling of joy when I saw someone stronger, which pushed me to fight against that person, even if my body was slightly injured.

I continued to attack Hakurou at a faster pace, gradually catching up to his speed. He must have noticed it.

To outsiders who saw the battle, it was almost a balanced battle. However, if you look closely, you will see a clear difference. Apparently, Hakurou hasn't reached his best yet, and a newbie like me is running out of tricks. The more I try to approach him, the more I feel like I'm falling behind

"The battle...The battle is over!"

H-Huh... Since when did I cross the line-?! Well, that's also true, I was so focused on analyzing it that I forgot to observe my surroundings

"The first time someone approached my speed, but you still have too many gaps. I think you will learn from this battle."

He turned to the Goblins who were about to flee, smiling,

"I guess it's time to train the losers again?"

Uwah...It's good that I didn't give up, or I'll get bruised like Gobta and the others...

Worth living!

Come to think of it, since I'm a slime, I don't feel sick...

⟨⟨Answer: Thanks to Pain Resistance, you won't feel pain, but your body will still hurt⟩⟩

(Actually I don't really understand... But did I get this skill from Mother?)

⟨⟨Answer: Yes, Thanks to Extra Skill: Mother's Blessings⟩⟩

[Thanks for the skill name suggestion PatrickPorter6]

Anyway, here's the practice. Maybe I'll sit and watch the goblins get tortured, hehe~

Ah, I have an appointment with Shuna-san, I have to go now!

[Switching to Rimuru]

Beautiful and peaceful sunny day, lying on the lazy mats on the futons and rolling around is absolutely wonderful. The clatter of unfinished construction, the sound of people screaming for a good harvest. I love peace, but why does it feel so empty...

Oh right, Lylas and Shuna learned to cook. Normally, She's always around me, but lately She's starting to enjoy things more. I have the feeling that my daughter is growing up, gradually distancing herself from me. Proud and lonely...

Well, hopefully this peace can conti-

'Rimuru-sama, we have an emergency'

'!?'

'What is it, Souei?'

'There is a group of armed men in the skies in the North, about 500 men, heading towards us'

In the sky? Curious who they are, and I'm also curious what vehicles they use above. Can I watch it?

"Shion, tell Riguld to evacuate the people."

"Y-yes, I understand"

In the distance, I saw armed legions riding on Heavenly Horses. Hey, the strength of 500 people like this, maybe just passing, right?

⟨⟨Report: They are heading here⟩⟩

Seriously... I have to do my best to stop this battle.

"Kaijin, why don't you evacuate immediately?"

"I know who they are. In the previous Bar, I heard that there is a special legion under the Dwarven king"

"And you talk about this army?"

"Yes, they are called the Heavenly Cavalry. Unexpected ... that you are here. Long time no see, King Gazel"

This situation seems to be getting more and more difficult...

--------------------------------------------------------

1K Words

⟨⟨3/29⟩⟩