Chapter 32: Buck Beak's been sentenced to death

Hermione Pov

It had been a week since Scabbers went missing. Harry, Ron and I walked to Hagrids to know about Buckbeak's hearing in London. Y/n was no where to be seen so we had to go without her.

All of us worked hard on his defense especially Y/n. She and Buck beak have a special connection, and she spent many nights up working on his defense, not wanting to loose him.

Hagrid was skipping stones at the river looking distraught. "How did it go Hagrid?" Harry asked walking up to Hagrid. "Buck Beak's been sentenced to death" he replied slightly sobbing. A few tears fell down my cheek. "Do you know where Y/n is" Ron asked me whispering. I shook my head no. "We need to tell her" he added.

"You don't have to tell me anything Ron" I heard Y/n say from behind me. "Hey Y/n, are you okay?" I asked turning around. Her eyes were puffy and bright red from crying. "To be honest I'm not okay. Buck Beak is going to be executed, a poor and innocent creature, just because he defended himself" she replied wiping her tears.

"I promised Hagrid I would not let anything happen to Buck Beak and I'm not going to break my promise" she added walking away. "It's not your fault Y/n..." Hagrid said as she walked further away.

"Y/n where are you going" Ron asked as we walked after her. "I'm going to talk to Draco, I won't let anything happen to Buck Beak" she replied walking faster. "Malfoy doesn't listen to anyone" Harry said catching up to her.

"I could at least ask him Harry, if he can't do anything I won't push him, but even if there is a chance he could it's worth asking" she replied heading into the castle. "What if he doesn't want to do anything about it" Harry asked making Y/n stop. "What do you mean Harry, that we won't care?" she replied raising an eyebrow. "Well we'll see won't we" she added walking away.

Draco Pov

Y/n walked into the great hall, with Potter, Weasley and Granger not too far behind her. Her eyes were red and puffy and she looked sick. "Y/n are you alright, I think you might need to go to the infirmary" I said walking to her. "I'm not sick Draco, I was looking for you, I needed to talk to you" she replied grabbing my hand and pulling me outside. Potter and his friends came outside too.

"Did you know about Buck Beak's execution" she asked tearing up. "My father wrote to me about it" I replied. "He's overjoyed Y/n, that snake wouldn't mind if anything happened to Buck Beak" Potter said glaring at me.

"Shut it Harry" Y/n replied turning to him. "Is there anything you can do about it Draco, Buck Beak is an innocent, he did nothing to you" she said turning back to me. "I'm afraid the most I can do is make some kind of an excuse to delay it a few day" I replied sighing. "He can't tell his father not to can he Y/n, if he does they will know he over reacted" Potter said provokingly.

"Thank you Draco, if it's the most you can do I won't ask any further, it's better than nothing" Y/n replied smiling halfheartedly. "And Harry I don't care about your little feud, so stop with your comments" she added. "Now if you will excuse I'm going to Hagrid's, I'll see you later" she said walking away. "I'll come with" Granger said walking after her. I glared and Potter and Weasley before they left too.