thirty-seven

"you volunteered for what hyuck?"

donghyuck looked at his twin. "hmm... i volunteered to help seri with her calculus, remember?"

dongsook was not convinced enough, "you were talking something about secrets. you know, you're really acting weird, hyuck. you've quit smoking, then you're not cutting classes- what's happening?"

"why? can i not change and be better?" he smiled.

the tanned girl smiled back, "i'm actually glad. you're going back to your old self, hyuckie."

his smile instantly disappeared. "sook, can you give me the kit? i need to clean her wound first."

seri wanted to actually know what that was about but seeing his reaction, it's must be a sore topic. seri just kept quiet and watched dongsook hand him the kit and proceeded to clean her wound.

"aw!" seri exclaimed as he applied the ointment using a qtip, "be gentle!" she says, brows meeting.

the male chuckled, "okay."

"seri," a voice called her.

it was a normal school day, seri was on her way to the lockers alone to get her stuffs. she and dongsook was already in the lab a while ago but she needed some of her stuffs that was in her locker.

seri closed her locker as she got the stuffs she needed. then, she faced at the girl who called her. seri sighed, "what do you need, eunbi?"

eunbi was sipping on her orange juice then smiled before she spoke. "why are you hanging out with hyuck and jaemin?"

"why? does it bother you?" seri asks, "well, that's sounds like a you problem. don't bother me."

seri walked past her but when eunbi pulled her hair back, she had no choice but to take a few steps back. she yanked her arm away from her hair.

"girl, you should have pulled harder," seri says.

eunbi rolled her eyes. "so you're showing the real you know... no more good girl seri?"

seri flashed her a sweet smile. "i'm no good girl nor mean girl or whatever. just stop bothering me, hmm?"

seri's attempt to get out of the lockers room fails when eunbi blocks her way.

"then stay away from jaemin."

seri rolled her tongue over her lower lip. "na jaemin... well, i kinda want him. just close your eyes if the idea of us bothers you-"

the orange juice from eunbi's hand is now splashed over seri's head. seri just stepped closer to eunbi, pulled her closer and gave her a tight hug.

eunbi immediately pushed her away as she felt the sticky orange juice on her skin. "what the fuck!"

"why? i just gave you a hug. you needed one."

eunbi groaned, "you're sticky, stinking- ugh! fuck you, bitch!"

seri just looked at her as she got out of the room, leaving seri alone. she opens her locker and got another pair of uniform before going to the restroom to clean herself.

upon walking towards the restroom, she hears a few subtle steps behind her. she looks back and saw some students walking along the corridor. seri just shrugged her shoulders.

after cleaning and changing her clothes, she was washing her hand on the sink when she hears something crashed.

seri got out of the restroom and saw the nearby garbage bin had fallen and trashes were messed up near it. then she hears a male groaning.

seri walked towards the corner and saw donghyuck with a tall boy who was wearing their uniform. hyuck was holding his collar while cornering him.

"hyuck!"

donghyuck looked at his side and saw the girl. "you were getting too long so sook told me to follow you." he looked at the guy again, "then i saw him following you behind."

seri's lips slightly parted. "then he must be a deathless member!"

donghyuck nodded and glared at the guy. "are you a member?"

the male just stared at him blankly.

hyuck clicked his tongue. "i don't want to hurt you, boy. just tell us."

the boy sighed, "fine. just let go of me, i can't breathe."

hyuck loosened his grip on him. "so you're a deathless, right?"

he nodded. "if you think i was told to kill her, no. if they wanted her dead, then he will send a stronger guy, not a new recruit."

seri and hyuck both rose their brows at him.

"okay, then don't believe me," the boy says.

the boy was tall, he was taller than hyuck but he seemed younger than them. he had a pale complexion and a mole on the bridge of his nose.

seri was about to say something when a another male interrupted her.

"seri! hyuck!" it was mark. he walked towards them and his eyes were on the tall boy.

"sunghoon..?"

hyuck's brows furrowed, "you know this guy?"

mark nodded. "he's on jisung's class... why?"