Chapter thirty seven

Raven's POV

We get to my office and Dev is seriously pissed off.  Great here we go... "what is it?" I ask not sure I'm ready to get back to this but knowing I have no choice but to do so.

"That Son of a mutt, Rohan is doing what we feared, he found some jackass crazy enough to work on breaking the seal.  It's bad enough it's been weakening over time but to break it on purpose..." he's so pissed he has to take a breather and doesn't finish his sentence.

"We're sure?" I ask hopeing we're wrong.

"Yes Alpha Frost I'm afraid it's true," turning I see Sabrina for the first time she's standing up in the corner, it's the quietest and most seriously upset I've ever seen her.  Not that she's being obvious about her feeling but after months of her living with us and seeing how she acts each day, it's a little unnerving to see her so stoic.

"How is my student? I haven't been able to see her yet," She says and I can tell it's been bugging her.  She wasn't here at the time, she had an emergency gathering to go to and now I know why.

"She's tired but recovering, Scarlett and our pups are strong, they should be out of the hospital in a few days," I say proud of my family and greatly relieved that is the case.
"That's good I was worried," she says smiling, I can see her visually relaxing  I noticed she was tense, I just didn't know how much.  She probably would rather to be next to my mate instead of this meeting but she has important information about what's happening.  I just hope we haven't lost any or at the very least much of our five year gap to get ready.

"I was called by the other white wolf elders, one of the others has a clairvoyance type of ability given to them by the Moon Goddess.  They saw that sorry excuse for a Alpha meeting with a dark arts practitioner who also has been dabbling in trying to perform necromancy.  Luckily they haven't succeeded yet." Sabrina says with a look of distaste.

"While we were there the Goddess made an appearance," she says and we all gape at her shocked.

"Our time has been shortened by six months, but we are still doing good, actually," she looks at me and I don't know if I like the way she's looking at me, "she said that your pups will be able to help their momma, they each have one of her abilities."

Shocked.. I feel shocked, then it hits me, "they are babies, how can my pups help? We're not going to be letting them anywhere near this if we can help it!" I can feel my instincts to protect my young flareing up, it's bad enough that my mate is going to have to be out there in danger but our pups as well?

"Let me explain Alpha," Sabrina says in a soothing voice.  "When the time comes the Goddess said that the babies will be able to put up a barrier to protect those that cannot fight, the Dreggs are not going to be our only problem, but your pups will be able to protect, the others from them."

Again I'm not sure how to really react to this, "will doing so hurt them?" I ask worried about my pups.

"No," she smiles, "the Goddess said that they will unconsciously be able to project the barrier, according to the Goddess your pups are also blessed and your future pups will be too."

OMFG..... I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out so I close it.

Dev and Leon come and pat my shoulders and then Dev laughs and says, "congrats but also it's going to suck disciplining them when they get in trouble."

We all laugh then I grimace because he's probably right.

"Just wait till they are teens and start noticing the opposite sex," my dad says and I'm a mix of emotions.

"Ok stop it's too soon for that!" I say and you can hear Ren, he's not wanting to think that far in the future yet either.

"Let's get back on topic then, what are we going to do about that traitorous bastard?" Sabrina asks with murderous rage in her eyes.

"First we need to contact the others, make sure we know who we can trust, then we make a plan to move on him.  I should have killed him when Ren was itching to, back when he challenged Scarlett's and my authority," I growl out.

"Hindsight is always twenty- twenty son," my dad says.

He's right, sighing I go sit at my desk and we start contacting our allies.  I pray to the Goddess we dont have any moles working for that bastard Rohan,  the last thing we need is to lose more able fighters to that asshat.  Looks like this is going to take a long time.

Scarlett's POV

I'm so tired, but at least I have Martha and Selena here with me, I told Jackie to go rest poor thing she's so tired and her feet are swollen as well.
She had hugged us all and kissed each of her nieces and nephews goodnight before heading up to her room.  Leon had taken a break from working to help her to their bedroom.

Right now I have Azure resting on my chest, Juniper is in the crib next to me, Jackson is being burped by Martha, and Selena is changing Rosemary.  Soon my little ones will all be sleeping in the crib next to me, and I will try to get some sleep as well. 

I wish I could be in my bedroom and have them in the nursery next to our room that way I know others can't come in if I don't want them to.  As it is I wake up every time the door opens.  Kohaku is especially annoyed by that, she can't relax, it would be easier if our mate was here but alas  he is busy with work.  It's hard but I know he hates having to be away from us as well, but our pack, the alliance, the fate of our kind is important and must be seen to.
Dear Goddess watch over us and keep us safe.