Chapter 12: Todoroki vs Tomioka!

---

"All right! Let's start for the next match of this round!" Present Mic says, I entered the stadium towards the stage.

"He's from the Hero family, Ingenium! From the hero course, Iida Tenya!"

"Versus!"

"The swordsman who stand out after his first match! From the hero course, Tomioka Y/n!"

Standing in the stage across my opponent. I took my blade off my belt with the scabbard and took on a combat stance, waiting Present Mic's signal to start the match.

"Start!!!"

Iida crouched down, activating his Quirk and run behind me instantly.

"Recipro burst!" He lift his leg for kick that I instinctly avoid it and swung my blade diagonal, Iida evades it and sprint to my side and swung his leg at me for another kick. I parried it with my blade and forces him back.

Iida start to sprinting again after he lands, he repeated his moves as I continue to parries his kicks.

"Tomioka is on defensive! He can't counterattack Iida's fierce kick!"

I swung my blade horizontal, but Iida avoids it with a jump.

"Recipro burst!" In mid air, Iida swing his leg and I was able to duck Iida's initial kick.

However, Iida immediately follows up with a second powerful kick that slams me into the ground.

"A direct hit! Tomioka got hit pretty hard!"

Before Iida could grab me, I immediately swung my blade, creating a wind pressure enough to make Iida retreat.

"Shoot! I almost had him!" Iida shouts, I winced as result of getting slammed. I get up and felt a blood drip from my head, I positioned myself in a combat stance.

---

In a flash, Y/n rushes Iida who evades the slash, but Y/n swiftly follow up with a kick. When Iida recovers and rushes to his opponent to attack.

"A head on battles between Tomioka and Iida! Who do you think would win!" Present Mic shouts, as the crowd cheered.

"Recipro Burst!" Iida shouts as he went for another kick.

The swordsman dodge it and attacks with a flurry of rapid strikes making Iida steps back until he's at the edge of the stage.

"Wind Breathing, Second Form: Purifying Wind!"
(Kaze no kokyū, Ni no kata: Shinato Kaze)

Y/n knocks Iida out of bounds with a swift and powerful uppercut from his sheathed blade.

"Iida is out of bounds! Tomioka advance to the semi finals!" Midnight declares, cracking her whip as the crowd cheered loudly.

"Y/n's amazing. His movements are already like a Pro." Izuku comments while taking notes. "I wonder if he even have some weakness." He muttered.

"We'll have to find out on his next match." Tokoyami says, Izuku glance at him before he look at the screen.

Midnight walks over to Y/n who felt dizzy and inspect his head and wipe the blood with a cloth.

"Your bleeding from your head. You got hit pretty hard in the head. Go see Recovery girl." Midnight says as Y/n nod.

Y/n went to Iida, offering him a hand which Iida accept it and helps him stand.

"That was marvelous, Tomioka. I barely keep up with your strikes." Iida comment.