Island romance

Sree

He held my hands..

"Sree... In the beginning, I had been very wrong with you, I had apologized but, now I'll like to apologize again..
And I'll like to give vows to you.. Though you may already know.. ", he said

I looked into his eyes

" It was very difficult for me to trust in people, I never trusted because I got hurt, and my worst mistake was when I didn't trust you..
I promise.. That I'll trust you always and forever as much or more than I trust myself... Because.. I understand and know everything about you, I know I can trust you. Blindly,..

We needn't have any secrets between us, and we should be so comfortable as to talk anything and everything, and share anything between us, as we know the other person won't judge us" he said

"Also, respect is really important in any relationship, I've treated you badly in the beginning, but I'll always treat you with respect, and you will never fall in your self respect.. You will come before me, in my life..

"I accept you as who you are, all your perfections and flaws are all mine,. You could be truly yourself in front of me, because that is the person I love..
I'll never ask you to change yourself,  because.. Love is freedom, it shouldn't bind someone more.. "

"I will always be happy for your happiness, and support you during your bad times,.. I'll be with you throughout..
the storms and rainbows..
We might get into fights but I'll understand your perspective, hear you out and we will talk it out..
Ego is something which I'll control, because love has no place for ego... I'll try to never hurt you..  as when you are sad, I can never be happy"

" I'll readily sacrifice small things for your happiness, I'll be compassionate and care for you, ill support all your wishes and goals.. And be with you.
We will be equals always in our relationship.
I am not that kind of a guy who expects his wife to behave in a certain way.. Whatever work small or big, we will share as equals..

I will always be Sreedevi's Vikram. You are my first priority even before me.
As many years that go, my love for you will always increase..
I love you, truly", he said

I felt really happy hearing him say this and my whole body shivered as tears threatened to come from my eyes

"Me too.. In all these things .. I'll truly love you forever", I said and moved towards him and kissed him on his lips, thinking about how much I loved him.

" Now let's go inside ", he said

I nodded. He held my hand and we went inside, moving aside the veil..

There were small step like structures placed on all sides filled with many candles..

The candles illuminated the whole place and the floor was covered in rose petals..
There was a white mattress in the middle.. Covered with petals..
There was no ceiling however, and we could see the black sky with the twinkling stars.

It was enchanting..

"Sit down there, one second", he said..

I sat down on the mattress.

He brought a guitar. " You wanted me to play for you.. So", he said

"I'm not good at singing though", he said

He sat next to me and played a few songs on the guitar, especially my favorite songs.. It was melodious and really good..

I clapped after he finished.
" It was lovely", I said