s i x

Flashback: 7 years ago

"Happy 17th birthday Delilah" he jumped and hugged her tightly. He felt himself getting happier than ever because his girl was in his arms. He was so happy that she is here.

"Oh my god Max leave me I can't fucking breathe" She exaggerated, being the drama queen she is. "Maxwell, are you deaf what's wrong with you?" She said seriously when he didn't move and just hugged her tightly.

She felt her neck getting wet and lifted his head to see a sight she never thought she would see. Her Maxwell was crying with silent tears. 

She felt her heart clench seeing the love of her life cry like this. Maxwell was a very strong person and never even once cried in the past 4 years that she has been with him. 

"Max, what's wrong? Why are you crying so much? Did your son of a bitch Dad do something again? I swear to god I will fucking kill him this time if he said something rude to you." she said softly looking at him with pain in her eyes.

He felt so fucking guilty. She cares so much about him. She would do anything for him, even if that would lead to her death. She loves him so much, so does he. But he craves for his father's love more. The way his father looks at his sister with so much proudness, he wants his father to do the same with him. 

He had to sacrifice his Delilah for getting the love of his father.

"Nothing happened Delilah, I am fine," he said quickly wiping his tears away looking at her with a painful smile.

"Bullshit, you expect me to believe you right now, Max? You have never cried in front of me. Please love, tell me what's wrong? You are getting me worried," she said taking his hands into hers.

"It's really nothing sweetheart don't worry," he said giving her a very big grin that melted her heart. She loves him so much.

"Wait before going out to celebrate I need to tell you something okay? Listen whatever happens in the future, just know that I love you a lot okay? I love you so fucking much and I promise that nothing will ever happen to you. Do you understand?" he said all this is a very serious voice which is quite rare for her to hear as he is always cheerful and cute.

She just merely nodded not being able to understand his sudden change of behavior.

"I need words, babe," he said a little angrily that she wasn't paying much attention to his instructions.

"Of course Max, I understand. I think you already know that you and dad are the only people I can go to whenever I have a problem. I don't really have a choice here, you know?" she said to him with a smile.

"Wait, no that's not what I-" she cut him off by taking his hand in hers and walking to the gates of her mansion.