Chapter Thirty Two

"Red or white?" Paige asked out loud as she looked inside her liquor cabinet.

"Red!" Tucker answered from the living room as he surfed the television for something decent to watch.

The twins ate the take out they had gotten on their way to Paige's apartment. They left some for Dan in the microwave once he informed that it'll still take him a couple of hours to get back home.

The dinner was nice, Tucker had always felt most at ease whenever he was with his sister. Considering that their relationship had been slightly rocky the past couple of months, eating and watching television in peace reminded him of the old days.

The conversation did get serious towards the end when Paige asked for updates about the Garner case. Tucker informed that Joe had tried to work out a plea deal, but Garner rejected that and was wanted to go to trial.

The trial would be in a few weeks, and till then, Tucker knew he was definitely going to be on edge.

Paige wanted to call it an early night, so after dinner Tucker left. Once he was in the elevator, he paused for a few seconds, before pressing the button for the top floor instead of the basement where his car was. Tucker tapped his foot impatiently, feeling like the elevator was taking ages.

Once he was on Callum's floor, Tucker took a deep breath before walking up to the billionaire's door and ringing the bell. Expecting Callum to open the door in his sweatpants, Tucker was shook when the door was opened by a man he vaguely remembered.

Logan Webster.

It took Tucker a few seconds to recall the man he met briefly during the party where he and Callum reconciled. He also remembered Callum mentioning him. Callum's father, Christopher Kaufman remarried around six years ago, making Callum and Logan step brothers.

Callum had told Tucker that he and Logan weren't close at all, having only met him a few times since he lived in London.

"Hello?" Logan raised a brow, probably not recognising Tucker.

"Uh, I was here for Callum. I think I'll come back some other time." Tucker had almost turned back and was ready to speedwalk out of their, when he heard Callum's voice.

"Tucker?" Callum called out, walking to the door, "What are you doing here?"

"Was at Paige's for dinner so I just thought I'd drop by," Tucker paused for a second, "No worries, I'll just leave."

"Oh wait, I think I remember you! The lawyer! What nonsense, you don't hage to leave, come on in!" Logan grinned.

"Yeah, I don't think that's such a good idea." Callum somewhat whispered to the two men.

"Why not?" Logan chuckled, "Not like this night could get any more awkward."

"I am really just going to leave." Tucker said again, feeling confused.

"We have a guest!" Logan yelled, making Callum roll his eyes in visible frustration. Tucker, if anything, grew even more confused. Callum motioned for Tucker to come in, to which Tucker raised a brow in question. Callum just held Tucker's arm, and lightly pulled him in.

Tucker had heard about Christopher Kaufman a lot, he'd heard how charming and intimidating the man was. He was known for his philanthropy and his kind nature. But it was only when he shook his hand, that he felt that maybe those were just words he paid to have written in articles. Tucker was a great judge of character, and he really wasn't liking his.

"-and this is Tucker Conway." Callum finished introducing everyone. Tucker stood a little awkwardly in the huge living room, after shaking hands with Callum's father and step mother. Callum's younger sister, Cecelia, just passed him a smile before going back to typing on her phone.