eight

y/n pov - two days later

as soon as you woke up, you checked your phone. by now, it would be 11 pm in korea, which meant namjoon was sleeping. the big time difference made it almost impossible for you two to talk to each other, without one of you having to either stay up late or get up very early.

he'd texted you a few times during the day, mostly updates on how his day was going. it always put a smile on his face, he just had so much to share about it life. you on the other hand lived quite an uneventful life, nothing different ever happened.

although you were thinking of quitting your job.

the only issue with that would be paying rent. you did have a college degree in the english languge and literature but you never continued with your education after college. your dream however, was to own a bookstore. as cheesy as it sounded, it was what you wanted.

just as you put your phone down again, you got another text. from namjoon. surprised, you looked at it.

namjoon:
i want to see you again, in real life. i know it's only been 2 months since i left the us but i want to see you again. it's almost impossible for us to talk due to the time zones and it's starting to feel unbearable.

the text threw you off guard.

you:
i miss it too, but none of us can just pack up and go to another country. :(

namjoon:
i know. but i checked for plane tickets from new york to korea. there are many available for october. i could just ask and they would give me a few days off, if you want to come of course.

you:
october is only two months away but i'll see what i can do about work. my boss is pretty decent so i'm sure she'll understand.

namjoon:
okay, get back to me as soon as you know.

you:
i will. now, go to sleep, okay?

namjoon:
i will. goodnight :)

you:
goodnight :)

you put your phone down again and stared at your ceiling. work started at 12 which gave you approximately two hours to decide on what to tell your boss. 2 months wasn't a lot of time and it was likely she'd be forced to say no.

you exhaled loudly before forcing yourself out of bed to start getting ready.

after work

with a big grin on your face, you strutted into your apartment. your boss had thankfully, been able to do some changes in some schedules and you got 14 days off. once you'd explained it was to go see your soulmate, she'd done as much as she could.

you couldn't wait to tell namjoon about it, but you wanted to wait until you could tell him through a phone call. it was about 6.30 pm when you got home which meant it'd be almost 8 for him which was when work usually started, if there wasn't something special coming up.

as soon as you were seated comfortably on your couch, you picked your phone up and called him. fore some reason you felt nervous about it and couldn't help but to wonder whether or not he'd be able to get those days off.

" hello? " his voice suddenly replaced the calling signals.

" oh, hi! " you greeted happily. " i talked to my boss. "

" and? " he responded, his voice slightly raspy.

" well, i got 14 days off in october. " you stated.

as you waited for his response, you bit your lip nervously. what if it wouldn't work out?

" seriously? " he asked, sounding more awake.

" yes, " you chirped. " actually 15 if you count the free day i have before it. "

" y/n that's amazing! " namjoon beamed. " i'll talk to bighit and see if i can get at least a few of those days off. although we haven't gotten our vacation yet, but i'll see what i can do. "

" alright, keep me updated then, " you responded.

" i will. but i gotta get to work now, so i'll text you once i talk to them. " namjoon spoke. " goodbye. "

" bye, " you mumbled right before you hung up.

you placed your phone beside you and laid down on your couch. meeting namjoon again was definitely something to look forward to, although you'd need to decide on what type of clothes to pack.

finally, you felt excited about life.

-

a/n: this was so short lol sorry