𝔙𝔬𝔩𝔠𝔞𝔫𝔬

𝗩𝗢𝗟𝗖𝗔𝗡𝗢
𖣔𖣘𖣔

THEY LANDED WITH A SMALL THUD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY, the volcano still bubbling away miles behind them. Already, people were crowding around, clutching each other as they worriedly waited for an announcement - were they saved? Milo reached behind him, wordlessly a soldier handed him a spear and he dug it into the side of the container.

''The fissure!'' Mole yelled, dancing erratically as he panicked. ''It is about to eject its pyroclastic fury!''

Sweet cupped the sides of his mouth. ''Milo! Mole says they wall's gonna blow!''

Grunting, Milo ignored them, simply pulling the spear back as hard as he could. Finally, the spear split in half and the door wedged open ever so slightly. That was all it took. The container split into individual pieces that began to float aimlessly around (Name). Shielding his eyes, Milo was the only one who blinked through the pain to spot her. She was floating too, just as he had last seen her, her arms spread wide as she controlled her surroundings.

With every breath she took, the more the island began to come to life, intricate lines that decorated the ground glowing blue as though she was pouring her soul into them. Eventually, the lines reached the heart of Atlantis and the old kings of the past began to fly once more. And then, as slowly as the lines appeared, they vanished rapidly and all at once. Milo made a move to approach (Name), her light no longer as bright, but then the ground began to shake. He fell backwards as giant face rocks broke through the surface.

They floated upwards, taking (Name) with them. She was in the center again and Milo remembered the last time that happened, and his heart twanged, hopefully the kings were just undoing what had been done, without making it any worse on either of them. They began to spin until it was just a blurred line of bright blue, moving too fast for the human-eye to keep up with.

It shot out a familiar beam of blue lightning, only more powerful as it made their hair stand, the static reaching them even from such a large distance. It reached the ocean, targeting supposedly nothing, until a giant rose from the waves. Another flash, another giant, and then another and another, and they just kept going, all stood around the city, facing outwards. Milo could tell their eyes were blue too, they echoed into the distance, and he was glad they weren't facing them - maybe they'd loose their sight just like the king had.

Packard took a photo.

The volcano shot out flaming rocks, they hit multiple giants, but not one of them wavered, they all kept walking until they reached the end of the water, raising their hands as they did so. They clapped before spreading their arms out, creating blue force fields as they did so, growing to the same size as their arm span, pausing, and then growing some more, connecting like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle as they set out to protect the city.

The volcano erupted and lava washed over them as if they weren't even there. Once completely submerged in the stuff, another lightning beam left (Name), this time heading straight upwards. It hit the field and spread throughout it, causing the lava to cool down almost immediately.

They were stuck like that for a little while, until blue beams began to scramble down the sphere, drawing ancient symbols and scrawlings as it went. And then it crumbled, falling and washing off the field and into the watery depths below. As everyone was entranced, Milo turned back to the sky, eyes focused on the clouds when a dim beam of light broke from them.

(Name) flew down, just as gracefully as she had before, but this time she was in colour again, and Milo's shoulders sagged and he released a deep breath. He moved forwards, mouth agape and hands outstretched hesitantly. She continued her decent, landing in his arms, she didn't awake and the light glow vanished, Milo held her as they both fell to the ground.