29

mark's pov

"come in, boys." said miss kim from inside her room after both jeno and i knocked on her door.

we entered her room and bowed to our teacher before making our way to sit across her.

"how are you two? did you sleep well last night?" asked miss kim, pouring tea into the cups she brought for us.

"i couldn't sleep. are you not nervous, miss?" i asked, after saying thank you for the tea she passed.

"i'm very nervous. my job is at risk, but it's not something to be proud of that i'm letting the school i work at cover up bullying and assault cases. it's for the best so i'm doing it no matter what might happen to my career." she said, sipping her tea, "let's leave in 10 minutes."

"ah miss," i started, grabbing the attention of both miss kim and jeno, "about the podcast. i'm considering it."

"the podcast? are you talking about DEstigma, hyung?" asked jeno.

i nodded. though i was hesitant to come back to the podcast, my mind was set on continuing it, even for just one more session.

"are you really doing it, mark?" asked miss kim.

DEstigma was a podcast i started with jinhye. the podcast is scheduled every saturday during lunch hour, where we talk about myths and misconceptions surrounding mental disorders. of course, i haven't been able to continue it since jinhye's passing but miss kim talked to me about it before.

how jinhye did a lot to start the podcast, prepared a lot of topics to talk about, and how happy and proud she would be if i were to continue the podcast.

so i've been considering it.

"i'll see how it goes after the first session. if i feel like i can continue the next week, then i will. but if it's too much for me, the come back will be the last. at least, i put a good end to it." i explained.

"are you doing it alone, hyung?" asked jeno.

"i'm thinking of doing it with jaemin. but i haven't talked to him about it, yet." i replied, receiving a nod from both jeno and miss kim.

"maybe you could try asking eunha too, hyung." said jeno.

it amuses me how jeno manages to include eunha in any topic we're conversing in. he really does care for her a lot and i can see it right through his actions.

"just update me if you made up your mind, mark. i'll make it work for you," said miss kim as she flashes a motherly smile.

her eyes laid on her wristwatch before saying, "are you guys ready to go?"

both jeno and i nodded with a deep sigh.

i took out an envelope of documents from my bag. it was the documents weiyun prepared for today - a list of names of the students of nct which have been bullied and assaulted by haerin, along with the petition for the school to take action on haerin.

miss kim led our way to the principal's room, while jeno walked by my side. his right hand reached out for my right shoulder, gripping me as his way of giving support as he flashes a warm, yet nervous smile.

it's an understatement to say i'm nervous to be doing this. not only is the rest of our days in high school at risk, miss kim's career too is unsteady at this point. depending on how haerin's father will take it, haerin will either be kicked out of school or our lives will be worse after today.